We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chiang Mai Driver

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Topic
Chiang Mai Driver

Hi

We are off to Thailand March 2012, and have clicked on the CM Area Guides in the top right hand section but there are 15!!! WOW how do I choose????

There will be a group of 5 ladies so we are after an aircondioned Van for the day....So hoping you can post recommendations on the following:

PAEW

JOY (and SUNNY)

I'll also e-mail them directly with a ruff list of things we would like to see & if they have any suggestions

Thanks

Mel

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,878 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chiang Mai Driver

I have used Joy a number of times and he is excellent. His prices are good and he is a lovely man. He works in tandem with his brother Sunny. Sunny is also a good guide and I'd recommend him as well.

Not sure about Paew - but I would think any of the guides in the FAQ would be fine. They are all highly recommended by forum members.

Caroline.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chiang Mai Driver

Thanks Caroline

Joy has e-mailed me back....he also said that he can organise my other day trips as well (Jungle Trek & Zip Line).....Does this sound right?? I was going to wait until we got to chiang mai to book our other tours or should I book in advance?

We are going to hire him or sunny for the day 1600 baht I thought that was really cheap!!!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,878 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chiang Mai Driver

Hi Mel,

that is a really good price - especially considering he is a registered guide and not just a driver.

I would trust him to organise your other day trips if you want to do it that way. He will have contacts and can probably get you an excellent price.

You could at least ask him for a quote and compare it to the on line price for Jungle Flight or Fleght of the Gibbon. This will give you an idea. He is very fair and very reasonable in price - so I am sure it will be the same deal for your other trips.

Caroline.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chiang Mai Driver

Could you provide Joy's contact info. We are traveling to Chiang Mai in a few weeks. Thanks in advance.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,878 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chiang Mai Driver

See the top right of this page - FAQ - Guides.

Just scroll down to the Chiang Mai section - all of the contact details phone numbers and emails are there.

All the best,

Caroline.

Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chiang Mai Driver

We are a group of 7 who had just returned from our trip to Chiangmai. We were fortunate to have a good and reliable driver. He was always on time, very professional, flexible and safe driver. Let him know what you wish to see and he can actually plan an itinerary for you.

We had to miss out the National Park because we were only there for 3 days. Ideally, be there for at least 4 days or more.

If you like shopping, he will bring you to Night bazaar every night which is so big and cannot be covered in just 1 or 2 nights. We preferred the night bazaar to the wholesale market (close at 5.00pm) as it was easier to bargain with the stall holders. Try to buy from the stalls at the car park areas where there are many restaurants and not those along the main road. Driver can be contacted at jacktamrong@yahoo.com (just mention the 'Orchid' group). Have fun!

Edited: 20 January 2012, 14:24
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Chiang Mai Driver

Hi Flexigroup

Can you e-mail your itenerary to us. What is the rate for the driver?

Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chiang Mai Driver

Hi 097,

Maybe you can email to me at livevac@gmail.com. I can pass on the itinerary details to you for Chiangmai as well as Bangkok. Cheers.

Cyprus
Level Contributor
42 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chiang Mai Driver

Hi we r planning a trip in August . Would you reccomend this driver for family with two kids. Could you advise the cost ?

Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chiang Mai Driver

Hi,

You can certainly use him as your driver. Suggest you write to him to check on the cost.

Cheers.