We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Shuttle Service - Central Airport Plaza to Hotels

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
32 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Free Shuttle Service - Central Airport Plaza to Hotels

I thought this info will be useful to those staying in the city. I have made use of this service twice while in CMai. It is convenient and on time.

There is a free shuttle service departing Central Airport Plaza. The free "songtheow" leave the Plaza at 10.30, 11.30, 13.00, 14.00 15.00 16.00 17.00 18.00 and last one at 19.00.

The Service passes by the following hotels :-

Amora Thapae, Imperial Mae Ping, Centara Duangtawan, D2, Suriwong Hotel, Royal Princess, Empress and Holiday Inn.

You can also hop on to the songtheow at any of the hotels (you can wait at the lobby) if you wish to go to Central Airport Plaza.

Get hold of the schedule at the info counter and you will know what time the songtheow will pass by each respective hotels.

Chiangmai
Level Contributor
706 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free Shuttle Service - Central Airport Plaza to Hotels

Thanks for posting this. Airport Plaza is a great place to shop for designer goods, electronics, beauty salons, eye care, banking, restaurants and handicrafts at great prices. I go there often as my fitness club is there but didn't know the Songtheaw schedule as we always take my motorbike or car.

Cheers,

Randy and Ning

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free Shuttle Service - Central Airport Plaza to Hotels

Thanks for that as we always go to the Airport Plaza

Ed

3. Re: Free Shuttle Service - Central Airport Plaza to Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 February 2010, 13:24
United States
Level Contributor
136 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free Shuttle Service - Central Airport Plaza to Hotels

I also want to echo how great the shuttle was to and from the Central Airport Plaza. It takes an hour and 5 minutes to do the entire loop (from the Central Airport Plaza to all the hotels and back to the Central Airport Plaza). The hotels include (in order) Amore Thapae, Imperial Mae Ping, Central Duang Tawan, D2 Dusit, Suriwong, Royal Princess, The Empress, and Holiday Inn. It takes about 5 minutes in between each hotel. The departure time from Central Airport Plaza is at 10:30am, 11:30am, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm, 4:00pm, 5:00pm, 6:00pm, 7:00pm!

winton
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Free Shuttle Service - Central Airport Plaza to Hotels

Hi, Great info about the free shuttle bus. Can I ask if it drops people anywhere near the Royal Lanna Hotel on Loikroh road.

Thanks

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Free Shuttle Service - Central Airport Plaza to Hotels

D2 is virtually across the road from the RL, so you're laughing.

Chiangmai, Thailand
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Free Shuttle Service - Central Airport Plaza to Hotels

I, too, have used that shuttle, with the yellow-green truck. It may be helpful to know that the driver can stop anywhere along the regular route. Wherever you want to get off, just press the buzzer button in the center of the roof. If you want to get off somewhere between the regular stops, tell the driver when you get on, so he will know you are not just testing the buzzer.

8. Re: Free Shuttle Service - Central Airport Plaza to Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2010, 14:15