We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Situation in Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Situation in Bangkok

Hi, I had just booked a flight to Bangkok hours before the news broke out about the huge protest in Bangkok. I will be flying there with my toddler in 2 weeks time. How long will the protest last? Should I just keep to the plan or change the plan to another trip instead? I really love Bangkok and wish to take a trip back to BKK. However, with a toddler around it really is different game plan. I need your kind advices, anyone?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,581 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Situation in Bangkok

Please look at the forum. There are multiple threads on the front page, without the need to start a new thread.

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Situation in Bangkok

We are heading to Bangkok next Tuesday for 5 days, wanted to cancel our trip but the guys from agonda in Bangkok told us that it is pretty safe. Protest are so far peaceful and he say there is nothing much to worry as long as we keep clear of the protest. We will be bringing our 13mths toddler there with us.

All we have to do is to practice precaution there.

3. Re: Situation in Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 November 2013, 19:05
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Situation in Bangkok

Hi Omera,

You can read many postings on this subject in the last week or so. Really nobody can predict what's going to happen in two weeks' time. But the King's birthday is on 5th Dec, things ought to peter off by then. Nevertheless, you can monitor closely the situation in the run-up to your trip.

Worst comes to the worst, if situation in Bkk is very unstable, then cancel/postpone your trip.Suggest you book your hotel with terms for no-cost cancellation. As for airfare, you might have to pay a small fee for cancellation or postponement.

As things stand right now, I would make the trip if I had booked it.

Edited: 26 November 2013, 18:48
London, United...
Level Contributor
13,376 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Situation in Bangkok

Please no more new posts on this.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Situation in Bangkok

My friends just returned from Bangkok and said that it's safe. There's no threat on tourists as the protests are against the government.

7. Re: Situation in Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 16:17