We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian Currency in Bangkok?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amritsar
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Indian Currency in Bangkok?

Hello,

to all of you.

I want to know How much money in Indian Currency can I take in cash with me to Bangkok?

Please Reply.

Thank You.

Regards,

Rishi

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,531 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian Currency in Bangkok?

As much as you can afford.

Amritsar
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian Currency in Bangkok?

@DodgerIrishinLondon

Firstly, Thank you for this quick reply.But, I have read some where that We can only take Rs.7500 cash in Indian currency to some other country.Hope to see more replies.

Thank You.

Rishi

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian Currency in Bangkok?

The 7,500 rupee limit is set by India, nothing really to do with Thailand or Bangkok. I suggest you contact Indian customs if you want to know more about it.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,811 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian Currency in Bangkok?

See item 30, 31 and 32 on this link.

www.customsindiaonline.com/content.php…

If you are only in Thailand for a few days how much cash do you need? You can use credit and debit cards in Thailand too. If you have some spare foreign currency hanging around your home (maybe from relatives working overseas) you can change major currencies like US dollars and UK pounds real easy in Bangkok. Banks do change Indian currency but fewer than for US dollars.

Find your currency on this link:

…daytodaydata.net/default.aspx

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,811 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Indian Currency in Bangkok?

Rushi - Mumbai.

Best to take the time to check with your own government to see how much money you are allowed to take from India legally. With all of the posts from Indian tourists asking about "best exchange" rates I get the feeling they are not just bringing with them only small amounts!

Good luck.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indian Currency in Bangkok?

Why Indian Currency???? the best would be to take US$ as it can be changed easily anywhere in Bangkok/Thailand with better exchange rates..

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,749 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Indian Currency in Bangkok?

7,500 is the limit

You have to carry foreign currency with you, purchased from an authorised dealer, with a receipt. You must provide your passport copy, ticket copy and PAN card while purchasing

Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Indian Currency in Bangkok?

Rain is correct. You are not allowed to carry more than Rs7500 although I don't think anyone checks this!!!

Amritsar
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Indian Currency in Bangkok?

Hello,

to all of you.

Thank You very much for all the replies, especially RainmanMumbai has answered to many questions of mine and I thank him a lot.Actually, I have some 1 and 2 dollar coins of Canada, I want to know Can I exchange these to Thai Bhat in Bangkok?Reply soon.

Thank You.

Regards,

Rishi

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Indian Currency in Bangkok?

Hi Rishi

Just keep that coins as a souvenir my friend. No point in exchanging those coins.

For Bangkok travel just change the Indian currency into USD and you can take that to Thailand whatever your budget permits. If you want to take official money than you can get in endorsed in your passport also by showing ticket and other document. Your Travel agent will take care of that.

But you can carry some more USD also without declaring if its not a big amount.

Cheers