We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok airport to Rembrandt hotel & towers

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham (UK)
Level Contributor
46 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok airport to Rembrandt hotel & towers

Hi can anyone advise the best way to get from the airport to Rembrandt hotel & towers?

Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok airport to Rembrandt hotel & towers

Hi Buttsy,

The best way is to take a meter taxi from the Airport located one level down from the arrival level.

Rembrandt is located about 500 meters into Sukhumvit Soi 18. I will be staying there too in May 2013. Taxi fare is about Bht 400 which includes Bht 50 for the airport surcharge plus Bht 70 for toll charges at 2 stations.

You should get ready Bht 70 to pay the driver first when you get into the taxi. Do get some Baht in smaller denominations (Bht 100 & lower) handy for payment when you reach hotel. There is no need for any tips. Journey will take approx 45 minutes with some slight jams.

Enjoy your coming trip with all your might.

Edited: 10 March 2013, 22:14
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok airport to Rembrandt hotel & towers

Taxi is the only way. If you do not have small change for the toll, the toll station does have change. While there is no obligation to tip, it is custom to round up to the nearest 10 Baht. If you were happy with the driver why not give a small tip. It is always appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,372 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok airport to Rembrandt hotel & towers

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293916-s301/Bangkok:…

The FAQ's on the right has lots of info.

Birmingham (UK)
Level Contributor
46 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok airport to Rembrandt hotel & towers

Thanks for all your input.

Asia
Level Contributor
884 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok airport to Rembrandt hotel & towers

The taxi which took me from Rembrandt to Suvarnabhumi Airport didn't use the tollway so it cost me over 200 Baht only. No traffic jam around 1pm.

As I go often, I notice that dragging luggage down to the taxi level, then dragging out to the heat in cigarette smokes (of heavy smokers) to the taxi queue, waiting to your turn is not as convenient as going all the way down to basement to take the Airport Rail Link (no traffic jam, cost almost nothing, no toll fee, no 50 Baht fee) to Makasan Station, and taxi to the hotel. This way is faster.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok airport to Rembrandt hotel & towers

Is that the only airport in Bangkok,also would you advise someone on their first time to thailand to travel that way.

Asia
Level Contributor
884 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangkok airport to Rembrandt hotel & towers

That's the big airport. There's a small and older one. I don't see any problem with first timer to Thailand. English is used in the Airport Rail Link. Last time I had heavy luggage and was lazy to carry them into the Nasa Vegas Hotel after I got off the Airport Rail, so I took a taxi. Was a wrong decision. Took very long until I finally reached the hotel gate, even hotel is that close to Suvarnabhumi. The only one advantage was the hotel bellboy helped me with the luggage from taxi.

melbourne
Level Contributor
20 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bangkok airport to Rembrandt hotel & towers

It all depends on what time youre arriving/departing and if you are a single/couple traveller or with kids. We travelled with young kids so taxi was the only option for us. We arrived sunday night at 8pm and got a taxi straight away and only took 30mins (and this was when the roadblocks at Asok intersection were still up as we were staying at Park Plaza Soi 18 which is next door to Rembrandt). Departing was another story all together, on a tuesday 9:15pm flight so left hotel at 5:30pm (during Bangkoks horrendous peak traffic) and arrived at BKK airport 7:20pm!!! Not sure how much time would be saved now since some of the Bangkok Shutdown roadblocks are no longer. So if I were solo/couple traveller I would go the train option if arriving/departing in the timeframe of peak traffic times/days.

Asia
Level Contributor
884 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bangkok airport to Rembrandt hotel & towers

5:30pm to 7:20pm is very long. You probably want to leave your hotel at 6:30pm next time and might arrive at the same time LOL.

The other day I had to ask the taxi driver to drop me at a subway station. The traffic in the morning was so heavy the taxi could barely move. I agree with you that if going with children or going 3 persons up, taxi will be better than subway and we must spare a lot of time for traffic jam.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bangkok airport to Rembrandt hotel & towers

Assume if you're coming from UK you'll be arriving at Suvarnabhumi. If you have a lot of luggage, the taxi advice above is sound. If you don't, and you're on a budget, hop on the ARL to Makkasan (40BHT) then get a taxi from there to the Rembrandt (around 60BHT I'd guess).