We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problems in Thailand?

Massapequa Park, NY
Level Contributor
344 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Problems in Thailand?

I just heard on my local cable news channel that there are now protests in Thailand (added to the protests in many other countries). I have not seen anything about it on the State Dept website, but am concerned. Was in the middle of planning a couple of days in Bangkok. Is there anyone who lives there that would be able to elaborate as to what is happening, and would you recommendation be that we postpone our trip for now? Thank you so much for any information you might have.

Newcastle, New...
Level Contributor
129 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Problems in Thailand?

abc.net.au/news/…4268788

Reports are crowds have left.

Massapequa Park, NY
Level Contributor
344 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Problems in Thailand?

Thank you very much for the information. Hopefully there will be no more problems.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Problems in Thailand?

Things flare up from time to time but it's never anything major and lets hope it stays that way.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3,114 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Problems in Thailand?

Yes my girl friend in Bangkok said there was muslims protesting in Lumpini Park as well as outside American embassy on tuesday

Hoping every thing is clear when I visit Bangkok next week

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Problems in Thailand?

They have been every where in the world since tjhe film was released...No one has escaped the protests...Sydney was a dangerous place to be on Saturday if you happened to be a bystander in the main shopping area...more so than Bangkok I might add!

Massapequa Park, NY
Level Contributor
344 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Problems in Thailand?

Thank you all so much.I appreciate all the input

7. Re: Problems in Thailand?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 15:18