We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
khartoum
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
good hotel with great cheap massage

we are honeymooners and want a hotel in range of 60 to 70 U$ with great and cheap massage in range of 1500BHT per person.

we do not want to far massage shops so we wanted within the hotel

thank you in advance

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good hotel with great cheap massage

I appreciate that you do not want to treck long distances for a massage but there are a lot of massage places in Bangkok I am sure you would not have to travel around much to find one.

As a rule of thumb a lot of the Hotel 'in house' massage places are considerably more expensive than their privately operated counterparts. (this also applies to in house hairdressers laundry services etc)

khartoum
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: good hotel with great cheap massage

firstly thank you for your response , you know i ve checked online and found many good shops with reasonable prices ,but you have take a tuk tuk or go by foot for 10 to 15 mins.

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
645 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good hotel with great cheap massage

There are many basic massage places with prices ~500 baht for two hours traditional massage, sometimes less, including private room for you and your spouse. You can ask around your hotel when you get there for suggestions. There are also spas, with higher rates for upgraded facilities and services, that get you into (and well above, for those who wish) your price range. Here's the menu at the Raintree on Sukhumvit Soi 11 (which is near quite a range of hotels).

http://www.raintreespa.net/soi11_menu.html

Note that they are also on Soi 23, and that there are many, many, other places to choose from. If you use facilities located in a hotel, you are likely to pay much more for equivalent services, as already noted.

Also, I'd not recommend going to or from your massage by tuk tuk. As honeymooners, walking or taxi would be preferable. You could stay at the Citadines Hotel on Soi 11, which is quite close to the Raintree (~2 minutes walking for me, for example). I'm not necessarily recommending that hotel, but it's an area that I'm familiar with, with a very eclectic blend of eating, drinking, nightlife and shopping options, with the Nana SkyTrain station at the mouth of the soi. There are options in and near Soi 11 ranging from the quite cheap Suk 11 Guest House to hotels and serviced apartments rather more elaborate and expensive than the Citadines.

4. Re: good hotel with great cheap massage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 20:42