We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok condition after flood.

KL
6 posts
Save Topic
Bangkok condition after flood.

Hi,

I am interested to visit Bangkok around end of Dec 2012 - Jan 2013.

1) Wonder what is the condition in bangkok and areas nearby such as northaburi, lop buri, saraburi, pak thong chai, chaktuchak, royal palace, china town, floating market, platinum plaza and wat arun now. Is it dry and repaired?

2) I am also keen into agro tourism site seeing area such as flower farm, salt factory, winery, places with windmill, paddy or corn field. Any recommendation regarding these? would like to know as well the condition now after flood.

3) I am interested with old church nearby bangkok as well. Is it far to visit holy rosary church from bangkok? Any advise in transportation?

Thanks in advance.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok condition after flood.

The flooding 2011 is history . By the time you plan to visit there may be new floods? I hope the rains this season will not be as heavy as last year, but who knows what the next monsoon will bring.

Edited: 20 May 2012, 17:35
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok condition after flood.

1.As said, the floods are history, but its impossible to predict what It might be like next December and January. There are no Issues right now in any of the places you've mentioned apart from some few temples in outlaying areas had some serious damage, as did some of the ruins In Ayuddhya, and it could take years to make re pairs to some places. The tourist attractions in central Bangkok were mostly unaffected.

2. Salt production is very evident along Rama 2 Road In Samut Prakarn and samut Songkram provinces. There are wineries In a number of places including Khao Yai, Chiang Rai, Hua Hin etc. Paddy fields are to be found almost everywhere, Including in the outer suburbs of Bangkok. The main issue at this moment Is drought.

3. Where Is this church? Remember that while there are churches, they are not that common and you'll see far more Buddist temples and lslamic mosques.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,037 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok condition after flood.

Holy Rosary Church is in central Bangkok near the river. tour-bangkok-legacies.com/map-to-holy-rosary…

KL
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok condition after flood.

Thanks bbtony and bill2p for the reply. I had postpone my trip to Bangkok to next year. However, i still fancy of a windmill restaurant in Chiang Mai. wonder is there any branch or similar restaurant located nearby Bangkok city?

Edited: 02 August 2012, 11:41
5. Re: Bangkok condition after flood.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 11:16