We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping mall near airport

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping mall near airport

As topic suggests, are there any decent shopping malls near the airport?

We fly in for one night and are staying at novotel airport and hope to do some shopping before heading home.

Cheers

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping mall near airport

As the Novotel is right inside the airport, there is nothing very close.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,199 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping mall near airport

If your hours work out right you might be able to use the rail link to get you to Pratunam shopping. Less than 45 baht for the City Line ride to Ratchaprorop and walk from there. But it depends on what hours are available. City line stops running at midnight.

By the way, a meter taxi from Bangkok to the airport will be around 300 baht for everyone in the taxi. Millions of tourists routinely stay in the city and take the taxi into the airport even for early departures. Hotels in the city are definitely cheaper than the Novotel.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
650 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping mall near airport

Probably the closest small shopping mall and outdoor market is located about 10 minutes away at the Paseo. www.bangkok-travel-ideas.com/paseo-mall.html

The open air night market is open from about 4pm to 11pm from Wednesday to Monday. Worth a browse through and and has a range of fast food and local restaurants open until late. It will not have the selection of Pratunam or Seacon Square.

Next closest option would be Seacon Square about a 20 minute car ride away or else take the train to Pratunam as suggested.

7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping mall near airport

i think King Power better...it's inside in Airport...

And it easy and convenience for you.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,565 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping mall near airport

Hi,

"i think King Power better...it's inside in Airport...And it easy and convenience for you."

I'm going to have to strongly disagree.. King Power is-- at the airport-- fundamentally a duty free sales venue.. As such, you'll mostly find the 'common; duty free items.. Yes, they do have other non-traditional items, but in the end, it's far from being a real retailing venue.

so long as the OP has a plan for where and how to pack and carry anything they may purchase on the "outside" (in town) I think the outside shopping is by far a better overall value in both price and selection terms,

Travel Safe,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
339 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping mall near airport

I think you should just take the airport express! You can take the airport express to phayathai station and from there take the Bts skytrain to Chidlom station where there is a shopping mall Central Chidlom or walk through the skywalk to Central World , Bangkoks Main Shopping Arcade! It takes about half an hour to phayathai station and another five minutes to chidlom with the BTS

7. Re: Shopping mall near airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 01:17