We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to airport in the morning

6 posts
Save Topic
Taxi to airport in the morning

Hi guys, i want to know how do i get taxi early in the morning at 06.00. because i will have flight with thai lion at 09.00 morning.

Can I order with grabcar or taxi on the street? I stay in metro resort pratunam and want to book for taxi, the person say it is traffic on monday morning so if i want to book i have to pay 700 baht.

How much does it cost going from pratunam to airport?

Thank you

7 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,950 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to airport in the morning

6 am will not be a problem traffic wise. It will not cost 700 THB for a taxi. Approx. 350 plus toll charges which are payable at toll station. Driver will give you receipt. Of course you can book grabtaxi or grabcar. I would rather hail a taxi from the street.

Edited: 28 May 2018, 00:59
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
6,212 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to airport in the morning

Two Tolls = 75THB (50THB + 25THB)

You can hail a moving taxi

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,416 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to airport in the morning

If you have never used a meter taxi before it would benefit you to first know how!

Meter taxi means you pay the meter fare! Avoid parked taxi cabs because they will want a flat rate. Pay a flat rate you pay more than the meter fare. So take the time to read some of the hundreds of posts for how to use meter taxis BEFORE you use one!

Wave a moving taxi over and tell the driver which airport and to use the meter. When he says okay or nods okay then get in. Have small bills and even some coins. Look at the meter on the dash for the start price. (FAQs has info for using taxi too, most of the info is for Suvarnabhumi but "meter" is discussed.) If a driver says no meter or wants a flat rate say thanks and wave a different taxi over.

No surcharge for ride to the airport but paying the tolls during the ride is normal.

Practice using taxis during the day hours to get around. If you begin your conversation with a taxi driver with "how much" he or she will know you don't know jack about taxis.

Make sure you tell the driver the correct airport.

Good luck.

Edited: 28 May 2018, 02:41
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi to airport in the morning

Who is this person that says it will cost B700?

It will cost B300 to get to the airport at 6am.At that time no need to even use the tollways.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,458 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi to airport in the morning

Maybe not even 300 baht from Pratunam. More like 250 baht.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,242 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi to airport in the morning

Hi,

We paid 230 baht last time (from Sukhumvit) and that was at 05.45 in the morning. Just hail down a moving taxi.

Mentioned in this post
Sukhumvit
Sukhumvit
1,861 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi to airport in the morning

700 is the price if i order it from hotel taxi.

Btw I have arrived at the airport with only 200baht. Thank you for advise guys!

Edited: 28 May 2018, 09:33
Reply to: Taxi to airport in the morning
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted