We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Thip Samai stop from Airport before Hotel Reasonable?

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
913 posts
17 reviews
Is Thip Samai stop from Airport before Hotel Reasonable?

Thinking of stopping by the famous Thip Samai for Pad Thai after landing at BKK at 11:30pm. Is it feasible to have the taxi on the way to drop us at Centre Point Hotel on Sukhumvit 10 drop us there and wait to pick up food and go?

Also I guess this is a bit ambitious considering they close at 2 am. Nonetheless if this isnt feasible can anyone recommend any similar late night eateries worth a stop! Thanks.

22 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
495 posts
1. Re: Is Thip Samai stop from Airport before Hotel Reasonable?

Carls Jnr have a restaurant not far from your hotel, check in relax go for a stroll and a bite to eat.

The famous Pad Thai has been on the decline for many years now, classic case of popularity destroying something that was once good

Edited: 27 May 2018, 00:48
Penryn, United...
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
278 reviews
2. Re: Is Thip Samai stop from Airport before Hotel Reasonable?

No harm in asking tip the driver an extra 100b you'll be good to go

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
913 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Is Thip Samai stop from Airport before Hotel Reasonable?

Wonder if we would make it in time?

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
913 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Is Thip Samai stop from Airport before Hotel Reasonable?

I will pass on Carl's Jr. But thanks for the suggestion. Don't want to travel 8000 miles to dine at an American Chain. Looking for something a bit more Thai Authentic. I heard the stalls at Soi 38 are open late; however I also hear their quality is on the decline.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,344 posts
33 reviews
5. Re: Is Thip Samai stop from Airport before Hotel Reasonable?

Love Scene on Sukhumvit Soi 23 is open all night and the food there is as “authentic” as it gets. Many denizens of Soi Cowboy head there to chow down after the bars close at 02:00. It’s in the block before Soi Cowboy on the left. There are two wooden Buddhist figures in the entry, and you have to walk through the kitchen to get to the dining room.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
16,920 posts
30 reviews
6. Re: Is Thip Samai stop from Airport before Hotel Reasonable?

"The famous Pad Thai has been on the decline for many years now, classic case of popularity destroying something that was once good"

Often, these "finds" are little more than a place that a food writer "discovered" while slumming it. Most of the "hidden gems" I have read from famous sources have turned out mediocre at best.

Edited: 28 May 2018, 09:13
Brooklyn
Level Contributor
913 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Is Thip Samai stop from Airport before Hotel Reasonable?

Love scene seems interesting

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
18,535 posts
8. Re: Is Thip Samai stop from Airport before Hotel Reasonable?

"...landing at BKK at 11:30pm. Is it feasible to have the taxi on the way to drop us at Centre Point Hotel on Sukhumvit 10 drop us there and wait to pick up food and go?"

-

You are more trusting than I ever would be!

I don't think I would leave everything I own with a random taxi driver while I purchase some takeout. If you do have a taxi driver wait for you make sure you have your passport and valuables with you! Better safe than sorry!

Up to you.

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
913 posts
17 reviews
9. Re: Is Thip Samai stop from Airport before Hotel Reasonable?

Lol. I agree. I planned on leaving my wife in the car. I would never leave my camera and passport though. Lmao!!!!

Btw this is all me being super excited and doing alot of over planning at this point. After the long journey from NYC, including a 16 hour layover in Beijing, I may not be as interested in pad Thai as I think.

Edited: 28 May 2018, 13:38
Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
18,535 posts
10. Re: Is Thip Samai stop from Airport before Hotel Reasonable?

"I planned on leaving my wife in the car. I would never leave my camera and passport though. Lmao!!!!"

-

Gotta protect that camera and passport - the wife can always fight for herself! 5 5 5

The meter is running anyway.

I personally don't eat too much late at night. I would just head directly to the hotel and put my stuff away then head out to stretch and explore the immediate area . Save the special meals for when you can sit down and and have time to enjoy them.

Up to you.

Reply to: Is Thip Samai stop from Airport before Hotel Reasonable?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted