We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choosing between 3 riverside hotels for Oct-Nov

philippines
Level Contributor
91 posts
18 reviews
Choosing between 3 riverside hotels for Oct-Nov

I am trying to decide on 3 hotels. May I ask for the recommendations of our TA Bangkok experts. Last time I visited Bangkok was almost 10yrs ago so your insights and suggestions will be much appreciated.

I am travelling with kids so safety is a prime consideration. Location (street food, restos, transport), cleanliness and view are important as well. I have read reviews and aware of certain issues. I am relying on expert feedback to know which hotel is better

-New Siam Riverside

-Baan Wang Lang

-Ibrik Resort by the river

Thank you in advance!

14 replies to this topic
philippines
Level Contributor
91 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Choosing between 3 riverside hotels for Oct-Nov

Also away from any red light area?

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Choosing between 3 riverside hotels for Oct-Nov

Check out The Chatrium Riverside...brill,

Enjoy your trip...

Portsmouth uk
Level Contributor
264 posts
3. Re: Choosing between 3 riverside hotels for Oct-Nov

Ibis Riverside everytime!

Nice pool right by the river, great breakfast, room overlooking Taksin bridge on river.

Walk out, 7eleven on corner for snacks, other restaurants, small ferry to take you across river to Sathorn Pier for riverboats for the SkyTrain. Enjoy. L.

philippines
Level Contributor
91 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Choosing between 3 riverside hotels for Oct-Nov

thank you, theparkiesjersey chatrium seems very interesting.

thank you, haylinglifeboat! is ibis riverside far enough from the red light life of patpong?

I will certainly look into these 2 hotels!

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
8,839 posts
91 reviews
5. Re: Choosing between 3 riverside hotels for Oct-Nov

Have not stayed at the ones you listed (3), have stayed at Chatrium, nice, but not 5*, maybe 3*.

I wish the Baan Wang Lang took pets, as really want to try that one, since love the area nearby. Very local, lots of food, excellent location.

Have stayed at Ibis / 2*, and only stay there because we travel with pet. Not going to tick the boxes for you. Immediate area doesn't offer the same as BWL and IR/R

I would go with BWL or IR/R. BWL cheaper and closer to market and food, by a wee bit

Hope that helps

Edited: 22 May 2018, 22:52
Portsmouth uk
Level Contributor
264 posts
6. Re: Choosing between 3 riverside hotels for Oct-Nov

Ibis is a long way from Patpong - make sure you are looking at Ibis Riverside not any of the other Ibis. Ok not 5 star but more than 2 star. Comfortable, quiet, only 7 stories high, and clean. Reasonably priced for the time you spend in your room! We have never encountered pets in the hotel and have stayed 7 or 8 times! What age are your children? L.

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
8,839 posts
91 reviews
7. Re: Choosing between 3 riverside hotels for Oct-Nov

Must not have been there when Sniffy the WonderDog has been chilling poolside.

https://s7.postimg.cc/5z6k9lz63/19665648_446…

https://s7.postimg.cc/zec8ijqu3/19665633_140…

Edited: 23 May 2018, 10:50
Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
78 posts
21 reviews
8. Re: Choosing between 3 riverside hotels for Oct-Nov

We're going to be in Bangkok in late July and will be staying at the Baan Wanglang. I'll try to remember to put up a report when we get back.

We chose this hotel for the view across the river, the price and that it looks nice. Most taxi's can't get down the narrow streets close to the hotel but the hotel has a tuk tuk that can meet you on the main road and take you to the hotel.

We've also asked them several questions and they have been extremely prompt in replying.

Horndean, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
50 reviews
9. Re: Choosing between 3 riverside hotels for Oct-Nov

Have you looked at Centrepoint Silom,near to riverboat and skytrain and shops close by.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
7,021 posts
276 reviews
10. Re: Choosing between 3 riverside hotels for Oct-Nov

Centre Point Silom

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-…

Reply to: Choosing between 3 riverside hotels for Oct-Nov
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted