We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok Airport Connecting Flight

Barrie, Ont
Level Contributor
294 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok Airport Connecting Flight

We are travelling from Phuket to Bangkok on Thai Airlines then connecting and flying to Singapore on Singapore Air with 2 hrs and 10 minutes to connect. Are we responsible for collecting our checked luggage at the Bangkok airport when we arrive from Phuket and transferring it or is it handled by the airport employees?

10 replies to this topic
Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
3,276 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok Airport Connecting Flight

Have you booked your flights on the one ticket or are they separate? That's a really important piece of information.

If on one ticket, your luggage will be checked through and you are fine. If on two separate tickets, you haven't got a chance of making the Singapore flight as you will have to get your bags and recheck in.

Barrie, Ont
Level Contributor
294 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok Airport Connecting Flight

Yes, we are booked on one ticket.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
3,276 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok Airport Connecting Flight

That's ok then. When you check in at Phuket the airline staff will tag your bags to Singapore (double check the tags when they are put on - good practice even on non-connection flights) and you should also be given boarding passes for both flights. Then you just stay in transit in Bangkok - you will do Immigration formalities in Phuket though as you are treated as an international passenger due to your connection.

4. Re: Bangkok Airport Connecting Flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2018, 22:00

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok Airport Connecting Flight

What about the reverse?

Flying London to BKK to Krabi, all on Thai Airways on one ticket.

I know the luggage will be checked through to Krabi, but will we do immigration at BKK or Krabi? If at BKK will we do immigration while remaining in transit?

Europe
Level Contributor
968 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok Airport Connecting Flight

Yes, on arrival at BKK, follow the signs for the Krabi flights. You will have your tickets checked, then pass through immigration before going through to the gates.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
9,433 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangkok Airport Connecting Flight

#5 You will do immigration at BKK in the special 'transfer to domestic' area. You will emerge from immigration direct into the domestic departure area. Do not go to normal immigration.

Perugia
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bangkok Airport Connecting Flight

Hi

My wife and I decided to spend our honeymoon between Tayland Myanmar Cambopdia e Vietnam. I am Italian my wife is Mexican..

Our current understanding is that I will need VOI when I will arrive from UK to Tayland, my wife will need a Visa, and then to stay in Thailand (less than 15 days) that should do.

The issue is that we just realized that in order to move from country to country Bangkok is basically the connecting airport we will have to go through multiple times, hence the question is:

Is it safe to assume that if I do not get out of Bangkok ariport in a transit flight from Yhangoon to Siem Reap, I will not need a multiple entry visa (for my wide) and that my VOI will stil be valid?

At the moment the plan is:

UK-Phuket (Bangkok connection)

Phuket- Myanmar (Bangkok connection)

Myanmar - Cambodia (Bangkok connection)

Cambodia - Vietnam

Vietnam - Uk (Bangkok connection)

the same question applies for these other two flights:

Myanmar - Cambodia (Bangkok connection)

and

Vietnam - Uk (Bangkok connection)

Thanks for help

Emanuele

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
7,516 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bangkok Airport Connecting Flight

Your visa needs depend on how your flights were booked. If you have separate tickets, ie: BKK-RGN, BKK-REP, then you will to enter Thailand to claim and recheck bags. If you have a single ticket: RGN-BKK-REP then your bags will be checked through.

Also you enter under the Visa Exemption program not on a VOA (VOI as you called it).

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bangkok Airport Connecting Flight

Are you sure these flights are on the same ticket? Thai Airways and Singapore Air don't usually codeshare. Especially since Thai airways has their own Bangok-Singapore route.

Did you book the ticket with Thai Airways? If booked with a 3rd party, even if on one ticket, it may not be the same PNR number.

Reply to: Bangkok Airport Connecting Flight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted