We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which is better phuket and kuala lumpur or bangkok and KL

Alexandria, Egypt
1 post
which is better phuket and kuala lumpur or bangkok and KL

hello guys please i need your help ... me and my fiance never traveled abroad all of our lives ... and we are tying the knot in july 2018 ...

we have two offers of a honey moon ...( phuket and kuala lumpur ) or (Bangkok and kuala lumpur)

when it comes to beaches , which place is better phuket or kuala lumpur?

when it comes to night life and tourist attractions which is better Bangkok or kkuala lumpur ?

because i want to enjoy amazing beaches , and he wants to enjoy food, culture and night life ..

so i guess the question is between (bagkok and phuket) which city can we ditch because we will find it better in kuala lumpur ?

3 replies to this topic
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,126 posts
211 reviews
1. Re: which is better phuket and kuala lumpur or bangkok and KL

Kuala Lumpur is not a beach destination.

Assuming you are travelling right after your wedding in July (?) then Phuket is in rainy season then so may not be the best time to visit. Koh Samui would be a better option for nice weather at that time.

I'd pick any destination in Thailand over Kuala Lumpur - it just doesn't do it for me. Reasons - very far from airport to city, awful traffic (yes Bangkok can be the same), huge sterile shopping malls, people not nearly as friendly as Thais, the general 'vibe'! Bangkok is a vibrant city and far more interesting IMO.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,813 posts
132 reviews
2. Re: which is better phuket and kuala lumpur or bangkok and KL

+1. Bangkok very different from KL.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,259 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: which is better phuket and kuala lumpur or bangkok and KL

I like both Bangkok and KL, but prefer Bangkok and would mix that up with Koh Samui, but if Phuket is the only option then would go for that instead of KL. Whilst July is rainy season we found the weather pretty good when we were there a couple of years ago in July, usually the big rains don't come until later in the season and there's plenty to do in Phuket even when it does rain, which is normally a short, very heavy shower followed by sunshine.

Reply to: which is better phuket and kuala lumpur or bangkok and KL
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted