We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas and New Year

Plymouth, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Christmas and New Year

Hi, my husband and I are looking to go to Thailand for Christmas and New Year (14 nights). We are unsure where we should be focusing our attention, we want somewhere where we can island hop for day trips (not stay on islands as we will probably, due to cost, have to book through Thomson). We want to be able to access nightlife but not feel like we are in Majorca (love Majorca but looking for something not to westernised!).

Are we better focusing on Krabi or Khao Lak? Having read previous forums, I think Phuket is out of the question due to people saying its really built up?

We would love to move around during our stay but the price of flights are so expensive that on this occasion it looks like we will have to stay at one hotel for the duration, hence why it is important we pick the right spot!

Thanks for your help :)

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
2 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
22,047 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas and New Year

Hi JodiePerkin and welcome to Trip Advisor.

Just a little query - are you visiting Thailand only for beaches or are you interested in seeing more of the country, culture and history.

Sorry I can’t help with beach locations because my main focus when visiting Thailand is exploring many of the wonderful places there.

Mentioned in this post
Plymouth, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas and New Year

Hi, we want to enjoy the culture and get around but also enjoy the beach on some days as the weather in England isn’t pleasant at that time of year! I would say 2/3 out and about 1/3 relaxing on beach or nearby hotel. Hope you can help :)

Edited: 14 May 2018, 22:43
Reply to: Christmas and New Year
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted