We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks for family with two older teens

Katonah, NY
Level Contributor
909 posts
372 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks for family with two older teens

We have close to two full weeks, end of June, into July, this year. We definitely want to see beaches and temples, floating markets, rain forests, and all the best stuff. We would rather not have to stay in the most built-up beach areas. We can fly open-jaw to avoid round trips out of BKK. We are travelling from NY. I think the beach aspect is most difficult, as we are confused about which beach area to aim for. My teens don't care about going to nightclubs and drinking, etc... They would prefer snorkeling and tours, etc...

Given that we are booking this fairly late, I would really be grateful for suggested itineraries.

3 replies to this topic
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
92 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks for family with two older teens

Hi Linda. Most people on this forum will tell you to do your own research so you may not get a ton of replies. I have never been but am also traveling with 2 teens later this year for 2 weeks. We are doing 5 days in Bangkok, 5 days in Chiang Mai, and 5 days in Phuket. I have done tons of research and have read reviews for just about every activity in the 3 areas. I am happy to share our itinerary if you would like. Just let me know and I will post it on here.

Katonah, NY
Level Contributor
909 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks for family with two older teens

Thanks for the response. I have been doing a ton of research, but I am still having a tough time narrowing down a beach area. At the moment, a very rough itinerary has us doing a couple of nights in Bangkok (don't really want to spend time in a city), several nights around Ayyathaya (not sure how to spell that) and Kanchanaburi, then a beach for several days. There are so many great beaches. June is not good for Phuket, so we are looking at Gulf places. Feel free to share your itinerary though, might give me idea. :-)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
92 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 weeks for family with two older teens

My itinerary doesn’t cover any of those areas so I’m not sure how helpful it would be.

Reply to: 2 weeks for family with two older teens
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted