We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa on arrival in thailand

1 post
Save Topic
visa on arrival in thailand

my client is travelling to bangkok and will take visa on arrival at bangkok only. secondly he is planning to visit phuket and krabi with his frnds. do they need to process seperate visa on arrival at phuket and krabi OR visa on arrival at bangkok will be sufficient to visit any places in thailand.

6 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa on arrival in thailand

You are a travel agent?

Visa will cover all of Thailand.

Mentioned in this post
Visa Hotel
Visa Hotel
87 Reviews
Hua Hin, Thailand
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
22,028 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa on arrival in thailand

Amit, if these people are coming to Thailand and their first entry point is Bangkok, then that is where they will get their VOA. Phuket and Krabi are in Thailand, so once they have their visas they are free to travel there or anywhere else in the Kingdom during the period of the visa.

It’s exactly the same as if I get my visa in Delhi, then I don’t need any more visas to visit Mumbai, Kolkata or anywhere else in the country.

Yes,are you a travel,agent?

Edited: 12 May 2018, 22:11
Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
Kolkata (Calcutta)
Kolkata (Calcutta)
Kolkata District, India
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,047 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visa on arrival in thailand

VOA is for maximum stay of 15 days and costs 2000 baht per person payable in Thai baht only. Your clients will need 20,000 baht per person to prove they have funds for their visit which can be in any currency. But if you are a travel agent I assume you knew all of this already.

Forgive our scepticism about your role as we are just unpaid volunteers whose information and willingness to help fellow travellers for free is sometimes exploited by travel agents who are paid for providing this information.

Level Contributor
5,645 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visa on arrival in thailand

Ohhhh godness, i really do hope the OP is not a travel agent with that last paragraph in their post.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: visa on arrival in thailand

I only read the first paragraph lol

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
22,028 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visa on arrival in thailand

Spot on comment from Arandora anyway, Psyvolt. Yes, I did catch your real meaning.

Reply to: visa on arrival in thailand
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted