We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Basic hotels near BKK airport for a one night stop over?

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Basic hotels near BKK airport for a one night stop over?

I am looking for somoewhere to stop over for a sleep between arriving at BKK at 20:50 and flying back out at 8am the following morning. All I want is a good sleep and a shower.

Any recommendations?

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
Oriental Kwai Resort
Oriental Kwai Resort
#1 of 82 hotels in Kanchanaburi
Akara Hotel
Akara Hotel
#1 of 933 hotels in Bangkok
3 replies to this topic
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
12,683 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Basic hotels near BKK airport for a one night stop over?

I just used booking.com to find & book my hotel, BS Residence next to BKK 2 nights ago. Arrived hotel at 1:25am & left again at 8am. Got 5 hours sleep. Not saying it was great but it was practical, there were several other cheap hotels offered too

It was only about 600bt, 10mins drive from the airport and free minibus transfer to & from the airport. included in the price

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,764 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Basic hotels near BKK airport for a one night stop over?

My guess is that you have an international flight out to another country where you have no real choice for flight departure times. If you have a 8 a.m. departure you must be at the airport before 6 a.m. Plus include time for taxi ride. If you have a flight to another city in Thailand there could be other flights leaving later in the day where you could actually get a good night's sleep. (Check in at many hotels usually isn't until after noontime anyway.)

From Suvarnabhumi Airport there is cheap transportation to the city area by Airport Rail Link. But for an early morning departure you would have to use a taxi. Too bad, arrival before 9 pm is still early for Bangkok.

Above hotel in post 1 sounds like it would work. Forum search with a computer will give you several posts for this question. FAQs on the side also have hotels near the airport too.

If only another city in Thailand I would never schedule a flight where I have to get up in the middle of the night.

Sanawan Palace is not too far away too.

http://bangpli.com/sananwan.htm

Good luck.

Edited: 12 May 2018, 20:12
Mentioned in this post
Airport Rail Link
Airport Rail Link
12,138 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Basic hotels near BKK airport for a one night stop over?

I arrive in BKK from the UK at 2050 and I will be flying out to Chang Mai at 8am the following morning so hoping to get 6 hours sleep.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
Reply to: Basic hotels near BKK airport for a one night stop over?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted