We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Surat Thani

5 posts
Ferry from Surat Thani

Hello All,

I apologize if this has been asked already. Does anyone have good insight on arrival times into Surat Thani and making ferry departures to Koh Samui? Our flight departure from Chiang Mai was recently moved from morning to late in the afternoon so that we now land in Surat Thani at 17:05. It appears that the last ferry departure leaves the Surat Thani airport at 17:45. Assuming there are no delays, is this enough time to depart the plane, collect our bags, and board the bus for the ferry? I guess worst case scenario, we stay the night and catch one in the morning, but hoping to make our original hotel reservations.

4 replies to this topic
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
1. Re: Ferry from Surat Thani

Have you booked the 'thu flight+ferry service' on Air Asia Chiang Mai to Koh Samui that arrives onto Samui 2100 ?

If you have booked the flight+ferry combo ticket fare then Air Asia takes care of everything so should be ok .

If you though have just booked flight to Surat Thani sorry no idea , perhaps someone else can help

5 posts
2. Re: Ferry from Surat Thani

singlouissa,

Thank you for the reply! We did only book the flight, but am curious to check with AirAsia to add that on and have them coordinate it.

thanks,

Sam

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
3. Re: Ferry from Surat Thani

That could be tricky even if at all possible , if you already have a booking to Surat Thani I doubt if they could change it , that's the way many airlines work not just Air Asia as it is changing to a different destination

But , on the plus side you certainly won't be the only people on that flight going for that connection and as Air Asia have their own packaged service for that connection the transport would be waiting for others off your same flight anyway , I don't "think" it would only operate just for them .

1 of you waits for baggage , the other goes straight out to 'secure' your transport , it's domestic and a very small airport so baggage should come off pretty quick

I would suggest you might get better response if you also post on the Koh Samui Forum as some members just head to specific forums , the experts there will know more about making that connecting transport to the pier

Koh Samui forum

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowForum-g29…

Edited: 12 May 2018, 02:03
5 posts
4. Re: Ferry from Surat Thani

I will check on that forum as well. Thanks again for the insight.

Reply to: Ferry from Surat Thani
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted