We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we bring back the liquor bought from Delhi Duty Free?

Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Can we bring back the liquor bought from Delhi Duty Free?

I was travelling from DEL --> BKK --> HKT and then return from KRV --> BKK --> DEL. I bought 2L of alcohol from Delhi Duty free when I was travelling to Phuket. On coming back, I was left with 1L for which I was having a bill printed from Delhi Duty Free. But the guy did not allow me to carry it even if it was sealed bottle, also neither he mentioned that I can bring it in my luggage bag.

Was it right that we can not bring the liquor purchased from Delhi Duty Free back?

5 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can we bring back the liquor bought from Delhi Duty Free?

Was it in your checked luggage or your carry on?

If carry on, it's over the allowable limits so yes, they had every right to deny you taking it

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,824 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can we bring back the liquor bought from Delhi Duty Free?

If in your carry on bag the the security crew had every right to confiscate your booze. In this world we have evil people who think they have a God given right to kill everyone on the plane! That is why there are limits on what you can bring on the plane! Blame the evil useless pieces of crap who like killing innocent people if you want to blame someone!

Every now and then I bring some foreign booze back home in my CHECK IN bag. Never any problems but you must pack the bottles carefully so they do not break.

Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can we bring back the liquor bought from Delhi Duty Free?

It was carry on and they did not even weight it

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,574 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can we bring back the liquor bought from Delhi Duty Free?

No need to weight it. It's about volume, think they can see it's over the limit.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,824 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can we bring back the liquor bought from Delhi Duty Free?

You do know there are crazy people who might want to bring on 1 liter of a flammable substance that only "looks" like liquor! So to be fair no one can bring in big quantities inside the plane in their carry on bag! This rule is for the safety of crew and passengers and any other innocent people on the ground!

Reply to: Can we bring back the liquor bought from Delhi Duty Free?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted