We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Phi Phi?

County Wicklow...
Level Contributor
27 posts
23 reviews
Koh Phi Phi?

Hi guys,

Myself and a friend (both late 20s) are heading to Thailand in September. We have already decided on the majority of our itinerary and are looking for some help in regards to Phi Phi.

This will be our first time in Asia and will be traveling for six months so keeping accommodation costs to a minimum is a must. Most of the accommodation we have already searched for other areas within Thailand are averaging about €10 per night (with good trip advisor reviews.)

I can’t seem to find any cheap accommodation, with good reviews for safety and cleanliness, for Phi Phi (well, around the same price as other places) and have a couple of questions;

1. Is Phi Phi generally a lot more expensive?

2. Is it worth it? Would we be missing out if we left it out and chose somewhere else?

We will also be staying in Bangkok, Koh Lanta, Koh Tao and Koh Phangan.

I hope I’ve given you enough information to help us. Any help or recommendations would be really appreciated.

3 replies to this topic
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,426 posts
169 reviews
1. Re: Koh Phi Phi?

Phi Phi is more expensive. Demand for rooms is huge, therefore no competition to keep the prices down & great quality, unless you're at one of the top places on the island.

As we always suggest, find somewhere you like that you can afford

Phi Phi is worth it in my opinion

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
583 posts
1 review
2. Re: Koh Phi Phi?

It's worth noting that September is rainy season for Koh Phi Phi and Koh Lanta but not for Koh Tao and Koh Phangan. You may want to avoid the Andaman Coast during the rainy season, if you are traveling for six months and are flexible with your travel plan.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
3. Re: Koh Phi Phi?

Phi Phi is overpriced but it's worth a night or two for sure.

Reply to: Koh Phi Phi?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted