We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much spending money Thailand and Bali?!

4 posts
Save Topic
How much spending money Thailand and Bali?!

Hey guys,

Me and my girlfriend are going on a 4 week trip to Thailand (north and south) for around 2 and a half weeks and then on to Bali for 10days, we're staying in hotels and have them all booked including breakfast, and also all flights and boats etc are also booked, we was just curious how much spending money would we need each for this trip?

Thanks for your help.

2 replies to this topic
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
9,070 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much spending money Thailand and Bali?!

Your question comes up quite a bit and can be hard to answer.It depends on many factors,such is do you want to drink wine or water. What type of food do you what to eat.

Sometimes when these factors are allowed for ,about 2500 baht per person per day.

Chok Dee

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
18,139 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How much spending money Thailand and Bali?!

Lots of posts for your question will come up with a forum search. Do your research using a laptop or other big screen computer will give you some to read over.

Do NOT rely on a single debit card. Have back up sources for spending money. Have credit cards for emergencies that may come up. There are many posts for how to use ATMs and how to convert your money (what ever it is) to Thai baht. A forum search and even reading the FAQs on the side can be helpful.

Want a quick minimum amount - take the amount of money you are spending on a hotel room each night and use that as a quick rule. Ex. In a 500 baht a night guest house your daily limit might be around 500 baht because you probably don't have much money to waste on frivolous spending. Staying in a luxury hotel over 3000 per night, using 3000 baht as a guide, you have more money for nightclubs, shopping, gigolos, posh restaurants, etc. Whatever!

For Bali go to the Indonesia forum for help.

https:/…ShowForum-g294226-i7220-Bali.html

Up to you.

Reply to: How much spending money Thailand and Bali?!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted