We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand Travel tips

1 post
Save Topic
Thailand Travel tips

Hello triadvisor,

We are traveling to Thailand from DC and I need some help. Our plan is go to Krabi straight from DC. Krabi to Koh Samui / Koh Samui to Chiang Mai / Chiang Mai to Bangkok / and then Bangkok to home.

We are thinking flying to all these spots, krabi - koh samui - Chiang Mai - Bangkok. Are we able to fly from spot to spot, do we need to take any ferry to get to certain airports? Are there anything that we must know or should remember to do this?

Any feedback will be great.

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand Travel tips

You can fly between them all although there are limited direct flights between Samui and Krabi.

If you want the best weather, be aware of the different seasons on the different coasts.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
9,005 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand Travel tips

Perhaps look at Skyscanner.

Flights from DC to Krabi ? Do you mean Washington DC ? If so... if you charter a plane probably yes. Perhaps get a loan of Airforce 1.

Most flights from the US flight via another place. Many flights are via Hong Kong. Bangkok is one of the major Hub Airport for SEA.so this might be easier in and out.Chiang Mai , I think you can fly from Hong Kong. I would need to check..

To fly to Koh Samui on a domestic flight look firstly at Bangkok Airways ,as there own the airport then Thai Airways as they have limited landing rights.

What time of year are you proposing to travel.

Chok Dee

Reply to: Thailand Travel tips
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted