We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying early morning from Bangkok to Chang Mai

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Flying early morning from Bangkok to Chang Mai

I arrive in BKK at 20:50. I want to stay in a hotel convenient to fly out to Chang Mai the following day- early as possible.

What time does public transport start operating?

How busy are the roads if I’d to get a taxi at 6-7am?

How far is it between BKK and DMK airports?

The cheapest flights seem to be Viet Jet air- are they reliable? Or should I pay more and go with a more reputable airline?

9 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
813 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying early morning from Bangkok to Chang Mai

Why do you want to go to DMK as Vietjet Air flies from BKK airport and yes they are ok to fly with. Have flown with them no problems and fairly new planes.

Happy travels

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8,779 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying early morning from Bangkok to Chang Mai

The best advise is to stay near BKK and get a flight from there .

I stay at Orchid Resort and the they collect me from the airport and drop me back. this cost 1100 baht.

I see that Bangkok Air are showing a 6.10 am flight BKK-CNX.( I am looking at this for August) I think it is 1300 baht.

I will be interested to see if it does fly. Or if they cancel it and transfer people to the 8.00 am

Thai Smile have 7.00 am to CNX and I have taken it. I think that it is not that mucher cheaper than the Thai air 8,00 am.

The best prices I have ever seen from DMK to CNX are 825 baht. I would not bother to travel from one airport to the other.

Chok dee

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying early morning from Bangkok to Chang Mai

I would prefer to fly from BKK but I just didn’t know how reliable veit Jet were. How would I get from my hotel to the airport for an early morning flight to BKK? Are taxis easy to get at all times?

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8,779 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying early morning from Bangkok to Chang Mai

Not sure if you understood my post.There are a lot of hotels near the airport that will collect you and drop you back. The area around the BKK is "Lat Krabang"

I have not used Veit Jet.

I fly the route on Bangkok and Thai. also Thai smile.

What I find is the first flight out for the day runs to time. The flight then shuttle back and forth all day. So every delay then compounds.

The Hotel, where I stay , 5 minutes walk and the taxis are lined up early morning.

If you flight is schedule to land at 8.50 PM , then it would be 9.50 and you would be kerb side. The Hotel I stay at is 10-15 mins away.

Chok Dee

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,522 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying early morning from Bangkok to Chang Mai

If you stay at a hotel near the airport they will likely have a shuttle service. Or more to the point, try and stay at one that does.

Vietjet are OK although their customer service is pretty bad if something goes wrong. If the cost of Bangkok Air is not too far off that of Viet Jet I'd use Bangkok Airways every time. Bear in mind the Bangkok Air price includes baggage and with Vietjet baggage is extra.

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying early morning from Bangkok to Chang Mai

Thanks for ur advice. I booked everything this morning. with Bangkok airways fly from Bangkok to Chang Mai.

Air Asia from CM to Phuket

And

Thai airways for Phuket to Bangkok.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8,779 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying early morning from Bangkok to Chang Mai

Thanks for the update.

Did you happen o book the 6.10 am Bangkok Air, if so when is your tip?

Chok Dee

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying early morning from Bangkok to Chang Mai

No mate. I went for the 8am one so I get an extra bit of sleep after I arrive at 850pm the night before.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
559 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying early morning from Bangkok to Chang Mai

I've flown the 8am Bangkok Air BKK-CNX twice.

it's been on time on both occasions. The airport isn't crazy busy when you arrive at 6:30am.

You'll get served a muffin, yogurt and tea/coffee on board. Book a window seat if you can. As the plane is leaving the gate and heading to the runway queue, the ground grew (2-3 guys) will give the plan a nice wai. I've grabbed it on video and incorporated into my little compilation videos I put together after a trip.

Edited: 12 May 2018, 06:52
Reply to: Flying early morning from Bangkok to Chang Mai
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted