We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atm Fees

Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Atm Fees

Hi, does anybody know what the fee is for using an ATM machine to withdraw cash with an overseas card. Thank you

6 replies to this topic
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atm Fees

Think it's now 220 baht. We always take cash with a debit card or two for emergency back up.

If you really want to use a card make sure you withdraw the maximum allowed.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atm Fees

Motherwell1991 is correct, it's 220 baht per withdrawal, unless you find an Aeon ATM which is still 180 baht (I think). Then there are also your bank's charges for the withdrawal, unless you are lucky enough to have a no fee card.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
6,507 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atm Fees

Don't forget to notify your bank of your travels.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,608 posts
513 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atm Fees

It really is an incredible overcharge.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,511 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atm Fees

It was bad enough when it was 150, then went up to 180, then 200, then 220 in the space of maybe 4 years? To add insult to injury nearly all of them will try the "dynamic currency conversion" crap. Last time I tried to use an SCB ATM and said no to the dynamic option (as you should) it wouldn't let me continue with the transaction! That's some cheek.

Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Atm Fees

Thanks everybody for your help, gosh yes that has gone us since I was there 4 years ago. Thanks

Reply to: Atm Fees
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted