We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy Card Question

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
853 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Easy Card Question

I have an Easy Card from my friend whose from Taiwan to use while I'm there which I will do. Question is I'm not able to find a map that shows me the extent of where I can use the card, other than the north part of Taiwan.

I assume that I can easily use the card in Jinshan District, Yehliu and Keelung City correct? He was under the impression it was only good for just the city and distant edges of the city, as he hasn't lived there for a long time (but still visits and uses the card when he does locally). But I've been seeing that people state you can even use it as far as Taichung City and possibly even further.

So just wondering what the extents of the Easy Card is in Northern Taiwan...

4 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
9,670 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy Card Question

Easycard can be used everywhere in Taiwan. From the north to the south, east to west.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
853 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy Card Question

Oh thank you. That solves my problem then...

United States
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Easy Card Question

There is a different card that is popular in South Taiwan. But now easycard which started in North Taiwan mostly works everywhere that cards are accepted.

Edited: 16 May 2018, 12:53
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
661 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easy Card Question

However, be aware that it can't be used on some long distance bus routes or at least that was the case when I was last in Taiwan a bit over a year and a half ago.

Reply to: Easy Card Question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted