We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping branded goods / outlets / export shops

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping branded goods / outlets / export shops

Hello everyone,

When looking for some information on stores offering branded goods on a bargain price (not only here), I found only forums 10+ years old. They were talking about so called export shops selling items (for US/European markets) excluded for some flaws from export. They were meant to be concentrated around Tian Mu hood.

Thus, here I am with my questions:

- are there currently in TPE any shops selling this type of goods?

- if so, where can they be found?

Many thanks for any hints!

3 replies to this topic
San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for Taipei, Hualien, Nantou, Taichung, Taiwan
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping branded goods / outlets / export shops

Generally speaking Taiwan is not an ideal destination for brand goods shopping. The import tax is high and the importers usually sells everything with a high premium. Taiwan used to export large amounts of clothes, bags etc

until like 20 years ago but that's no longer the case now. Exporters do exist but unless you have a certain target in mind and are able to do some research, I doubt you can find a better deal (comparing to other countries) easily without taking the risk of fake items.

United States
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping branded goods / outlets / export shops

I agree. Don't be fooled by places calling themselves outlets. Only very few are real outlets. And even those don't have much selection.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping branded goods / outlets / export shops

Hello,

Thanks to both for your answer. I realized that it is not the case for branded goods shopping in Taiwan anymore. In the end I accidentaly came across one store in Da'an road right close to MRT. If someone interested, the name is King Cheu Store and they offer mainly men's fashion and a lot of sport clothes (TH, Aeropostale, Nike and others). For women less choice and mainly Aeropostale and Nike sport t-shirts and pants. Pricewise 350-550NTD for item. Winter clothes 1000+NTD. Didn't buy anything in the end but it might be intereasting for e.g.basketball player as they had a lot. And I believe these things to be genuine with little flaws (e.g. print not straight.

Reply to: Shopping branded goods / outlets / export shops
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted