We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phaplu treks

3 posts
Phaplu treks

Could someone suggest good trails and treks around salleri? Probably a day or two loop treks if possible. Also we're going to be riding a bike from Kathmandu to salleri would that be a good idea in the end of Nov? Any inputs are appreciated.

5 replies to this topic
Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: Phaplu treks

Hi Janet

From Salleri or Phaplu you can make an interesting two or three-day hike to Junbesi, visit the nearby monastery and come back via Ringmo. Alternatively, you can cross Trakshindo-la and walk to Nuntala or Kari Khola. As far as riding a bike goes November is fine just be aware of the crazy traffic and hairpin bends on the mountain roads.

Eric

My Nepal Pages https://wanderingeric.org/category/nepal/

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,998 posts
56 reviews
2. Re: Phaplu treks

A nice day walk is to Loding, an unspoilt village to the west of Pphaplu.

scoodly

Surrey.
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
3. Re: Phaplu treks

See posts 19, 20 and 23 here for some suggestions: https:/…95491435

Surrey.
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
4. Re: Phaplu treks

Re going by bike from Ktm to S: I assume you mean bicycle, not motorbike, but for either, please have a good look at some online footage of Nepali roads, and have a read about driving behaviour etc. I assume you also plan to ride back.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,264 posts
400 reviews
5. Re: Phaplu treks

The top trek in this area is Pikey Peak, but it is at least 3 days if you're not acclimatised. By bicycle you can turn left along the road at Dhap Bazar on the jeep road and arrive quite close (half a day) from Pikey Peak.

Edited: 15 October 2018, 21:41
Reply to: Phaplu treks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted