We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost per guide for poon hill trek and stay on route?

Which Nepal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dhaka
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cost per guide for poon hill trek and stay on route?

1. WHat is the cost of guide per day for poon hill trek?

2. Who will confirm hotel at night at Ulleri and Ghorepani? WHat is the hotel cost there?

3. TIMS cost how much per person?

4. How much time needed to reach Pokhara to Kathmandu now a days by AC bus?

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,381 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost per guide for poon hill trek and stay on route?

01, The fees of guides are different as per the quality and experiences. Generally they charges US$ 25 - 30 per day. The fee includes their foods, accommodation, insurances but won't include transportation in general.

02, I have stayed at Mira Lodge in Ulleri and Snow View Lodge in Ghorepani. Both are small lodges with small capacity to accommodate people. I am not sure about the charges because I booked package trip with the guide. I have seen NRS 200 - 300 per room / per night in many menus on the treks.

03, If you are planning to trek without an agency then it will cost US$ 20 / per TIMS / per person. The TIMS card for the agencies costs US$ 10 / per person / per TIMS card.

04, About 6 - 7 hours in general [if there is no traffic].

Good Luck!

Dhaka
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost per guide for poon hill trek and stay on route?

THanks a lot Rythm! WHat is the agency? which one is better, with or without agency? As the cost is low can we go with the agency? i mean they arrange everything, including hotel, TIMS, guide food? How expensive they are?

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,381 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost per guide for poon hill trek and stay on route?

Its really not required to use an agency or a guide but if you use you will have better experiences. I mean using a good guide is a lot useful and enjoying. There are many agencies to choose from. I have used a private guide for most of my trips though considering to use an agency to see the difference. I sent you a message, please contact him for details.

Generally the agency / guide will arrange everything like meals, accommodation, permits, TIMS etc. They are not really expensive.

Good Luck!

Dhaka
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost per guide for poon hill trek and stay on route?

Thanks!

5. Re: Cost per guide for poon hill trek and stay on route?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 14:16