We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Multiple entry tourist visa, two month gap

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Multiple entry tourist visa, two month gap

Hi, my partner and I hold NZ passports and travel to India on 18 September 2012. We understand the three month, two month rule regarding the visa, however if we were to enter India for two weeks, head to Nepal for six weeks, then re-enter India, does the three months start from scratch every time you re-enter or is it continuous, ie. would we only be able to stay for ten weeks now as we'd previously been in for two weeks already? And only spent six weeks in Nepal and not two months?

Cheers

UK
Level Contributor
9,243 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Multiple entry tourist visa, two month gap

I don't know what you mean about the three months?

The advise on our visa website (VFS) is that if we are doing a side trip to a neighbouring country then we need to apply for a double entry visa. See this link.

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/touristvisa.html

I would imagine the same would apply in your country. You will need to check with whoever you get your India visa from.

Edited: 04 September 2012, 20:47
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Multiple entry tourist visa, two month gap

HaHa. . Totally off topic, so apologies !!

isthisnamegone... after all those other attempts to create a user name, its a fair question, but obviously it was, still available !!

Sorry, its just my SOH

Edited: 04 September 2012, 21:20
UK
Level Contributor
9,243 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Multiple entry tourist visa, two month gap

You been on the bottle orbis!!!??

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Multiple entry tourist visa, two month gap

We can only stay for up to three months with NZ passports, then have to leave for two, come back again, leave for two.. Etc for up to a year. We have multiple entry tourist visas for the year. So what I need to know to help organise the trip, is if the three months start every time we return from a neighboring country or if it accumulates. So if we enter India and stay for two weeks, then head to Nepal, when we come back to India do we have a fresh three months again, or do we now only have ten weeks as we've previously stayed two?

UK
Level Contributor
9,243 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Multiple entry tourist visa, two month gap

Oh I see. I don't know the answer to that one. You will have to ask at your end to whoever issues the visas.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Multiple entry tourist visa, two month gap

Your visa has a start date and an end date.

That doesnt mean it will be valid for a three month period for any other visits. It will be already running when you received it, and it will expire 3 months from the date of issue.

How many name attempts did you make, before settling for isthisnamegone ?

Edited: 04 September 2012, 22:09
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Multiple entry tourist visa, two month gap

Apologies, I have asked for my last post to be removed. I was on another planet.

UK
Level Contributor
9,243 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Multiple entry tourist visa, two month gap

I thought it was funny orbis!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Multiple entry tourist visa, two month gap

I dunno.. make a fool of yerself an theres always someone watching.

I am presently learning about NZ visa applications etc. Back soon

Jaipur in India
Level Contributor
477 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Multiple entry tourist visa, two month gap

The time starts from the day you leave india. As you will be staying two weeks in India, you have time to get that stamp of your indian visa to avid this problem. When you arrive in india and at the immigration counter tell them the situation and they will give you the address where you need to visit to get your visa stamped.

Regards

India's Invitation