We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Triangle

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Golden Triangle

Hi all,

I live in the UK and I'm interested in taking the Golden triangle trip. My dad is from India originally and this is part of a personal journey to learn more about my cultural heritage. This will be my first trip to India and an introduction to the country, I hope. I will be travelling alone, by choice. I have looked at trips ranging in price (GBP) from £500 - £1,500. Preferably I would like to do this for under £1,000. In terms of specifics of the itinerary I have no particular preference. My priority is to find a safe, reputable, good value trip for a lone female traveller. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

10 replies to this topic
India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5,413 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Triangle

A Golden Triangle tour (comprising of visits to Delhi, Agra and Jaipur) is quite easy to arrange on a DIY basis, if you have the inclination.

Since this is your first trip and you are travelling alone, a group tour is also a great option. I cannot advise on pricing without knowing the duration of the trip. You will also need to answer for yourself, whether you are willing to pay a single supplement or are willing to share a room.

You have already indicated your budget (which for a conventional GT itinerary of 7D/6N is quite generous), so expect a lot of interest from tour operators through private messages.

As per TA forum guidelines (for India forum), no recommendations for tour guides, car agencies and tour operators can be made on the forum. But I will still advise you to visit the websites of state government tourism agencies like Delhi Tourism or RTDC. They do offer GT tours and that will give you an idea of the costing.

Edited: 13 May 2018, 21:24
London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Triangle

Brilliant, thank you. Can I just ask do the majority of these trips start in India as opposed to including flights to and from the UK?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
820 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Triangle

Group trips might start from Uk inclusive of flights but they go on the little pricier side.

Golden Triangle is a great trip and easily DIY.

As you will be traveling alone, prefer staying in hostels. All these 3 cities have great hostel accommodations.

They are not even cheaper but also a better way to understand culture.

Don't forget to take day trips from great TA.

Don't get an entire trip. Take small day trips. Makes you flexible with your plans

travel consultants

Selfishtravel

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Triangle

Hi Charlotte, Glad to know you're traveling to India. Backpackers hostels are the best options for you as a lone female traveler as in hostels you will find travelers from other countries and because the atmosphere in hostels is more lively than private hotels, you will feel more homely there! You may check out India's own hostel booking websites like AAO Hostels or International ones like hostelworld for booking some really cool hostels!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Triangle

Hi Charlotte G,

£1,000 is very good budget for 5 nights / 6 days golden triangle trip with 5 star accommodation all inclusive. You can pick any 2/3 operators from trip advisor and compare their quote from each others.

Good luck.......

With Regards,

Jitender

GO MY JOURNEY

Edited: 16 May 2018, 20:44
6. Re: Golden Triangle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 May 2018, 22:35

Level Contributor
262 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golden Triangle

I would suggest that you book your flights from the UK. Not sure if its due to some technological algorithm, but flights from LHR-India as opposed to India-LHR are generally cheaper. I may have missed it but it seems that you have not mentioned a trip duration- something which would help to plan better.

Am sure that I do not need to mention how the culture differs in most, if not all places in India. I suggest you do a search in this forum itself and you could be surprised at some of the things that you find. The following link should help you.

https://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g297604…

Golden Triangle is a tried and tested route and I would throw the Golden Temple into this mix since I personally loved the culture there. For the budget that you have in mind, am sure you would end up in much better places than backpacker hostels...not taking away any credit from them hostels though. Do remember to compare apples to apples. Hope this helps.

Edited: 17 May 2018, 07:15
New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golden Triangle

You have enough budget if your flight is not in all. It's very safe for any traveling guests, you can book each and everything as a professional travellers, and save your money with different independent experience. Just book your airfair and hotels and choose the good vehicle and reliable chauffeur for Delhi agra jaipur delhi and enjoy the GT without any problems. Very commercial itinerary for this route but if you want to explore more part of rajasthan then you have more to see and understand about the culture of india.

Thx

9. Re: Golden Triangle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2018, 01:20

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
411 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golden Triangle

Hello,

Welcome to the TA.forum!

First of all, £1,000 is very highly Budget for 5 Nights / 6 days golden triangle Tour with 5 stars Hotel all inclusive. You can ask any ¾ Tour operators / Travel Agents and compare their quote from each other’s services.

For any further information, you can ask to freely.

Regards,

Raj Banewal

AGRA TAJ TOUR

Reply to: Golden Triangle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted