We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist visa india

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tourist visa india

I’m entering India via port of Cochin for a cruise on a tourist visa,2 months later I’m flying to goa on same visa,what would I put as my entry port on visa application

Mentioned in this post
Kochi (Cochin)
Kochi (Cochin)
Ernakulam District, India
Goa
Goa
India
6 replies to this topic
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist visa india

Hi Karen

Warm greetings from India!

Please apply India Visa on multiple entry and put cochin as entry port as first entry port.

HAPPY TRAVELLING...

Vijay Gupta

PATHIK THE TRAVELLER

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Level Contributor
138 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist visa india

I'm entering india 3 times by ship and one week laterI'm entering for 15 days to do a land tour. What kind of visa do I apply for.

India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5,291 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist visa india

@girlfromOZ1

I assume that your cruise ship will touch 3 Indian ports consecutively. If so, the Immigrations will be done at the port of entry (first stop in India) and the others will be treated as domestic entries only. Since you will be entering India again after 2 weeks, you will need a multi-entry visa. Conventionally a regular multi-entry tourist visa is the way to go. But under certain conditions, even an e-visa will be acceptable. Check for the conditions on the official e-visa site.

https:/…tvoa.html

Also important to check with your cruise company.

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Level Contributor
138 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist visa india

Thank you MG10101 for the link. I have emailed them. Do you think I will need a multi entry visa?

I have spoken to the cruise company and lady advised I contact the consulate.

India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5,291 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist visa india

You will need a dual-entry visa (first entry by sea and second entry by air). I suggested checking the conditions for e-visa only because they are valid for entry only at certain seaports and airports. If your entry ports are listed in the e-visa site, My advice would be to go for an e-visa in that case.

Lowestoft, United...
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
10,383 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourist visa india

Hi karenandjohn_8 . I agree with reply as at Post No. 1. If you need assistance with the application for the Regular Visa, here is a link to the Regular Visa Guide:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297…

@ girlfromOZ1 , I agree with MG10101 in Post No. 5. e-Tourist visa is double entry so you should be ok with your itinerary. The only thing you have to bear in mind is that from first enty you are given 60 days' stay in India. Your second entry and exit have to be within those 60 days.

For help with e-Visa applications, here is a link to the e-Visa Guide. It has all the information you will need, a walk through of the application form and a link to the official website.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297…

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Tourist visa india
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted