We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticket cancellation

Chennai (Madras...
2 posts
Save Topic
Ticket cancellation

I have booked tickets on May 21st to India for me and kids two months before in lufthansa they a travel agent in India.but a week later I booked the tickets I was diagnosed with a serious illness and had to undergo treatments and cannot be travelling in the 21st May.the cancellation charges for the airlines is nearly half the price of the tickets..the airlines doesn't seem to consider full refund as I had bookebooked they agent and the agent is holding the airlines responsible..pls advise if I can get full refund of my tickets without cancellation charges as I have a genuine reason??how to go about it??

3 replies to this topic
Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
19,803 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ticket cancellation

Ticket can be cancelled only as per predescribed cancellation fees, passenger cant get full refund if he cancel it,full refund only when airlines cancel the flight due to operational (or any other) reason.

I dont think there is any clause where you can get full refund.

Edited: 11 May 2018, 00:44
San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
7,992 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ticket cancellation

If you booked through an agent, then the agent is responsible for canceling your ticket. The contract is between the airline and the agent, not you. It's also quite likely that you have a non-refundable ticket. You might get some tax back, but the agent's T&Cs will likely say they have a right to levy a fee to collect any refund.

It's one reason why it's always best to book direct with the airline. Your only recourse would be to make a claim on your travel insurance. You do have travel insurance don't you?

Chennai (Madras...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ticket cancellation

Thanks for ur reply

Reply to: Ticket cancellation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted