We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Murchison falls safari- please help!

Level Contributor
26 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Murchison falls safari- please help!

After reading all of the reviews, I am a bit torn so thought I'd post my own query.. Backpackers, Red Chillies, or another option (private tour guide)? My main criteria would be a comfortable place, ie would prefer not to sleep in a tent overnight. I would also like the highest likelihood of seeing LIONS - it seems morning is best, and obviously I know that is not a guarantee. Also, unclear what the nature of the "hike" to Murchison falls is like. Price is a concern but not a limiting factor. I'm planning either two or three days over a weekend. Many thanks!

1. Re: Murchison falls safari- please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 May 2014, 16:05
Level Contributor
26 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Murchison falls safari- please help!

Thanks! I did just go ahead with red chillies given the short notice. And it was fairly economical. Stayed in a Banda (for a little extra) which was fine. Cold water for showers (brr), and a few inappropriate interactions with male staff but otherwise was a winning experience! I even got to see a lion! Thanks for the reply

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Murchison falls safari- please help!

Hello HH

Sorry to hear that about RC; did you email them at the office on return? If not, I urge you to do so.

Glad you got to see a lion, lucky, not always easy!

Level Contributor
26 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Murchison falls safari- please help!

Hi Shelly

Yes, I did put it on my comments/ review form they gave us at the end of the weekend. I think that's out of line with any business :/. And yes, I was ecstatic (and felt very fortunate) to get to see a lion! Uganda treated me well ;).

5. Re: Murchison falls safari- please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about Kampala
Recent Conversations