We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days itinerary suggestions - Honeymoon

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
334 posts
1 review
Save Topic
10 days itinerary suggestions - Honeymoon

Hi all,

I thought I would ask you folks suggestions on a trip I'm planning... for my honeymoon! In total, it would be a 2 weeks trip (approximately), with 3-4 days by the beach somewhere. Aside from that, we'd like to spend ~10 days between Rwanda and Uganda, with the following priorities:

1. Gorilla and Chimpanzee treks in Rwanda (3 days)

2. Jinja/Nile white water rafting (1/2 days)

3. Safari in QENP/Murchinson Falls (5 days).

We'd really like to see some good game, especially lions, leopards, cheetah - and we are trying to figure out whether Uganda would be good for that or whether Masaai Mara would be better (but logistically worse). We do not mind flying and renting private cars to minimize transfer times.

Thanks everyone for all your help!

P.S.

- We plan to visit in June/July.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,503 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 10 days itinerary suggestions - Honeymoon

I think you need to plan more effectively and not rush around.

Why go to Rwanda/Kenya and Tanzania in the space of three weeks.

A beach is just a beach. Tres romantique! Bored after 30 seconds. Uganda has most of what you seek and if you need some sybarism as well then consider one of the smaller Islands on Lake Bunyoni or even Ssesse..

Crossing borders costs both time and money.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 10 days itinerary suggestions - Honeymoon

You have quite a number of activities but if you manage your time well you could manage all and have the time of your life. Although both Rwanda and Uganda offer gorilla and chimpanzee trekking, the habitats are quite different. What you could do is spend 3 days gorilla trekking in Rwanda, then come to Uganda for 2 days chimpanzee trekking in Kibale Rainforest, 1 day doing a game drive at Queen Elizabeth so you can see lions and such.

If money isn't an object you can opt for 2 days in Kidepo National Park instead of Queen Elizabeth because it has more cats.

1 Day white water rafting in Jinja will be the perfect fun filled day before you head to Ssese Islands for the idyllic end of a honeymoon; beach, lazy days and tours of the islands.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 10 days itinerary suggestions - Honeymoon

Who would ever want to swim in Lake Victoria, and this is a *honeymoon!!*

I'm right with you Roberto, sunsets, crystal water, beautiful things to see and R&R!! I think it's the perfect way to finish a safari, but just give yourself sufficient time for the coastal travel, and plan your flights with care for ease of departure.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
334 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: 10 days itinerary suggestions - Honeymoon

I suppose the best idea might be to couple Rwanda/Uganda with Zanzibar and leaving Maasai Mara for another trip! :)

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: 10 days itinerary suggestions - Honeymoon

That's sounding better!

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: 10 days itinerary suggestions - Honeymoon

Roberto that too could work. What matters is having fun on your honeymoon so you can do as little travelling as possible so as to spend more time together.

17. Re: 10 days itinerary suggestions - Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 20:05
18. Re: 10 days itinerary suggestions - Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Kampala