We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

budget driver kampala to bwindi

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
81 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
budget driver kampala to bwindi

Greetings-

I was hoping one of you might have a name and contact info you can pass on for a good / budget driver from Kampala to Bwindi (Buhoma area) for 2 adults, so small car is fine. I believe I'm looking at 4 days total.

1 day for drive Kampala to Bwindi

1 day for Gorilla hike

1 day for Culture Batwa hike / village

1 day for drive Bwindi to Kampala

Please also, if you have any ideas, let me know what I can expect to pay. Thank you all for your time and valuable information :)

Verbier, Switzerland
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: budget driver kampala to bwindi

Hello, I lived one year in Uganda with my husband and three children.

We and the member of our family who came to visit us travelled upcountry with a very trustful

driver. He drives carefully which is precious in Uganda.

His price is 120 usd per day, without fuel.

Contact me if you need his mail address.

You are lucky to travel to Uganda, it's such a beautiful country. I miss it so much!

Verbier, Switzerland
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: budget driver kampala to bwindi

Hello, I lived one year in Uganda with my husband and three children.

We and the member of our family who came to visit us travelled upcountry with a very trustful

driver. He drives carefully which is precious in Uganda.

His price is 120 usd per day, without fuel.

Contact me if you need his mail address.

You are lucky to travel to Uganda, it's such a beautiful country. I miss it so much!

London, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: budget driver kampala to bwindi

You can get a small car like Rav4 at $500 inclusive of fuel and the driver for 4 days..

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: budget driver kampala to bwindi

I know a driver guide who has his own car.His asking price is $100 per day (car hire and his allowance)without fuel.

Contact me just in case.

kampala
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: budget driver kampala to bwindi

Hello,

I know a driver /guide who can only charge you $700 for 4 DAYS to Bwindi and back to Kampala,inclusive of Fuel,driver allowance and car.If you have not got the right information ,you can contact me on +256-788166311.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: budget driver kampala to bwindi

Hello, you shouldn't be worried. my company has contracts up country with some NGOS, but there is a reliable & affordable company that we use. When we travel to those areas of Bwindi to check our projects we are charged $100(US DOLLAS) FOR a 4X4 PER DAY INCLUDING FUEL PLUS DRIVER,they have their offices in kampala and Entebbe. Contact them on +256757450068.

safe trips.

7. Re: budget driver kampala to bwindi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2014, 04:25
Kampala
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: budget driver kampala to bwindi

$85 a day for a 4x4

Hollywood, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: budget driver kampala to bwindi

I know of a great safe driver and will also make sure you are safe as well.

I worked with him during a missions trip in the Mannya village (6hours) from the airport. He took the best care of us and always made sure we were safe. If you're looking for a driver to take you to national parks or anywhere really.

His Name is Shaq Macle

shafiqshaq@gmail.com

+256 772 545 283

Hollywood, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: budget driver kampala to bwindi

I know of a great safe driver and will also make sure you are safe as well.

I worked with him for ten days during a missions trip. He picked us up from the airport and drove us to our village 6 hours away. He also drove to other villages and to national parks. His prices are extremely reasonable, he is a safe. If you're looking for a driver, look know more

Contact or email him

Shaq Macle.

shafiqshaq@gmail.com

+256 772 545 283

Get answers to your questions about Kampala
Recent Conversations