We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on some driving routes

4 posts
1 review
Advice on some driving routes

Hello,

We are leaving next week and are checking our routes, and could not decide for some days wich would be the best.

We rented a 2WD sedan (Corolla).

1) From Mariental to Hobas:

- Drive over Seeheim.

- Drive over Grünau so we drive longer on tar.

2) From Aus to Sesriem

- C13 -> C27

- C13 -> C14 -> C19

- B4 -> B1 -> C19

3) From Spitzkoppe to Twyfelfontein (Madisa Camp)

- Drive over the D1930 and then the C35 and visit Brandberg, is the D1930 doable without 4x4/suv ?

- Drive back over Swakopmund and visit cape cross and skip Brandberg, D1918 -> B2 -> C34 -> cape cross -> C34 -> C35

Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,812 posts
445 reviews
1. Re: Advice on some driving routes

I am not familiar with parts of those routes but with a Saloon I would certainly suggest:-

1. Via Grunau for the reasons stated. I did Seeheim and the road is good but tar is better.

2. I don't know C13 but know C14 which was OK fromB4 to C27. C27 was Ok mostly with some rough bits.

I would not do B4 -B1-C19 as there is little trade off for the extra distance.

3. Again I don't know D1930 or D1918 so would avoid them when a better alternative is B2-C34-C35 but also consider B2 to Karibib then C33-C36-C35..

Boston, MA, USA
Level Contributor
851 posts
117 reviews
2. Re: Advice on some driving routes

Hi...just recently did 70 days in a Ford Fiesta😱😱😱....my best advice is to double or triple drive times....go very,very,very slowly and you will be fine...not 1flat the entire time.....

Reply to: Advice on some driving routes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted