We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makasutu/Mandina

NORLAND, UK
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Makasutu/Mandina

Ok then, anyone actually stayed there independently and can tell me how much a night there is? I've seen the website and read up on other sites about it, many say that the cost of food and drinks is expensive but no-where mentions the price per night. Any ideas anyone?

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Makasutu/Mandina

You could send them an email on info@makasutu.com for current prices. :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Makasutu/Mandina

Hi We stayed there this year.

They're tied into a deal with Gambia Experience for all UK bookings. We tried to book ourselves a few years but although there was avaliability because we weren't on a GE holiday we couldn't stay!

I'm not sure how much they would charge for a room as when we asked about the uplift price between a floating lodge & the stilted lodge they said they get the same money regardless of which room you stay in from GE.

I know Lawrence and James would like to do their own thing but I think GE have done a lot for them as part of the deal they're locked into.

I'm not sure this helps but maybe it explans why there are no price per roo nights floating around the internet.

Ilminster, United...
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
5,809 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Makasutu/Mandina

Hi

And yet their website does have an online booking form which doesnt mention GE and promises a response within 3 days Amanda it might be worth completing it and seeing what the response is?? rgds

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
812 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Makasutu/Mandina

Hi Amanda, I tried to book direct for early December, the email response came back from Serenity Holidays (GE) and was £401 per person for 3 nights, half board. I didn't want to stop that long or pay that amount! so sadly I've still not been there. Seems they really are locked in to GE.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Makasutu/Mandina

Last year when we walked round the forest,the guide said we could look round the hotel and see an empty room if they weren't all full.Unfortunately they were,so no go but it might be worth contacting them while you're there. Surely they would let one out for 1 night if available?

ipswich
Level Contributor
798 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Makasutu/Mandina

We were going to stay there for 2 nights as we got a really cheap deal with GE but cant remember how much it was but i know is was dead cheap for there! In the end didnt go as i wanted to stay in the town and got transfered to cape point!!!!!

7. Re: Makasutu/Mandina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2010, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Gambia