We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Djibouti e-visa

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Djibouti e-visa

Hi,

We are a few guys from Sweden planning to travel to amongst others Djibouti in May (train from Addis). Does anyone here have any experience with Djibouti's e-visa service? There doesn't seem to be much information online and the website (https://www.evisa.gouv.dj/#/) doesn't really seem to work perfectly either.

Cheers,

Yujin

28 replies to this topic
1 post
1. Re: Djibouti e-visa

Its works brother, any help for that! ANY QUESTION

London, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
2. Re: Djibouti e-visa

From my understanding the new E- Visa works. The only advise I would give apply 15 days before trip. Please give us feed back. So far E-Visa very new system. If your going by train then use option on E-Visa land option.

Keep us updated regarding E- Visa.

LH

Melaka, Malaysia
1 post
3. Re: Djibouti e-visa

I can not apply for e visa, all it is in French. Even trying to change it to English or Arabic, it does not work in that website.https://www.evisa.gouv.dj/#/

London, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
4. Re: Djibouti e-visa

I will tell you easy option for you see read visa form in English

1. Go www.evisa.gouv.dj

2. download web browser google chrome

3. once your on web site right click you will see option translate to English,

You will see form in English.

Good luck

Edited: 03 June 2018, 03:59
London, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
5. Re: Djibouti e-visa

Also here is the visa form page.

As said do as stated before, you see visa page in English

https://www.evisa.gouv.dj/#/demande/

Kanpur, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Djibouti e-visa

I've recently applied e-visa for Djibouti. The website doesn't have much option to upload all documents. In fact, with limited option to upload, no embassy can decide whether the purpose of visit is genuine or not. Same happened with me, with limited option to upload, they have rejected my visa. Although, I've send a mail to director general of police for re-considering my visa, still my issue is not solved. It's really sad to know that e-visa service doesn't allow people to travel who have a genuine reason to visit.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Djibouti e-visa

Hello Yujin.

We are a couple hoping to travel from Addis, to Harar and then on to Djibouti in October. (After a trip through Ethiopia.. any info for there would be amazing to, useful pointers).

Could you let us know if you were able to sort out the visa problem, best way to get the visa. Also any other good information for us about our upcoming trip. We have yet to buy tickets as trying to make sure we can receive the visa first. We are planning to fly into Ethiopia and out of Djibouti. We are traveling on American Passports. We would like to hire an affordable driver with 4x4 and camp gear, who speaks pretty good English, to take us to the sites and also hoping to see the Whale Sharks as it looks like they will be around in October.

Thank you very much for your time.

Gregg and Hazel

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
1 post
1 review
8. Re: Djibouti e-visa

Unfortunately the evisa Djibouti service is a nightmare. I applied for an e-visa 8 days prior to my trip, paid the USD 120 fee and received a confirmation that my visa would be processed and sent to me within 3 working days. On days 5, 6 and 7 I sent e-mails urgently requesting an update and receiving no response. I then had to fly to the Djibouti Embassy in another country the day before my trip to process my visa - a cost of an additional USD 800+. I complained to evisa Djibouti and it sent my visa to me the day after my trip was complete, and then refused to respond.

However, when I disputed the USD 120 evisa charge, evisa Djibouti did reply to my credit card company that I had authorized the charge but neglected to state that it had not provided the service it promised. While the money is clearly not the primary issue - I am only seeking the USD 120 I paid evisa Djibouti despite spending an additional USD 800+ to do it myself - the lack of professionalism from evisa Djibouti is extremely frustrating. They do not provide a customer service phone number, nor do they respond to e-mails.

At this point in my spare time I have decided to simply send and then resend various e-mails to all Djiboutian embassies and consulates globally to emphasize the poor service, and providing a summary of the issue along with relevant documents.

In any case, I would suggest avoiding evisa Djibouti - I've traveled to numerous countries and used a number of evisa services, and evisa Djibouti is the worst.

My apologies for the lengthy rant - the country of Djibouti itself is quite beautiful and worth visiting, as long as you can obtain the visa personally.

Kanpur, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Djibouti e-visa

Hello,

Please visit your local Djibouti office and get your visa before getting your tickets done. Don't do any booking till you get the visa copy. Djibouti e-visa service is pathetic.

Regards,

Aakash Bhartiya

London, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
10. Re: Djibouti e-visa

Many Thanks to TA Members who wrote about there experiences using new E- Visa Djibouti.

I am big fan of technology, i am also big fan of Djibouti. It's a unique country in East Africa worth visiting, but if the technology not working then by all means, apply using old system, getting visa in advance from Djibouti Diplomatic Embassies abroad. What I do know VOA option is still open, question for how long VOA open international tourist.

@ bEACH) When your in Addis Ababa, you can apply for a visa though Embassy i think it cost 90 USD) I Think wait time, 48 hours.

Here is the web site

ambassadedjibouti-eth.net/m-235-visa-fees.ht…

Reply to: Djibouti e-visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted