We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand vs Cape Verde

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Thailand vs Cape Verde

I adore Goa, and are fortunate enough to go there almost every december .

Hubby has a big birthday March 2013 and its also our 20th wedding anniversary problem is I promised a holiday = somewhere not Goa.

Now I definately favour Thailand where we have never visited but hubby fancies a shorter flight and suggest Cape Verde.

Nothing I have seen on web sites or formus makes me feel Cape Verde is where I want to go. Can anyone convince me please, Any help really appreciated

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand vs Cape Verde

If you are used to going to Goa and like the chaos of Goa then sadly Cape Verde is not for you.

I have been to CV 3 times and whilst the beaches are stunningly beautiful there is just not enough to keep me interested. There are no real historical sites or nature reserves (I can only speak for Boa Vista and Sal Islands). For getting out and about I would pick Sal there is more to do.

I can't help you with Thailand but I have heard it is similar to Goa but much cleaner and lovely beaches. Have you thought about Egypt?

We are actually going back to Goa in March 2013

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand vs Cape Verde

Sorry forgot to add, Cape Verde does not have the shopping possibilities like Goa and buying suntan lotion etc is very expensive. Good luck with your choice.

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thailand vs Cape Verde

Thanks that is wot i expected. incidentaly its only north goa that is manic. the south is as beautiful as the nortb was before tourism ruined it

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thailand vs Cape Verde

Yeah I had heard that we haven't been for over 10 years so will see big changes but going to head down to palolem for a week!

Hope you get something sorted :o)

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thailand vs Cape Verde

Be prepared for massive changes and price hikes enjoy

Grimsby UK
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thailand vs Cape Verde

Went to Tourareg in Boa Vista in May, and although it was a lovely break for a week I wouldn't go back. There isn't enough for us, no shopping, no nightlife, just chilling by the pool or on the beach, my husband was fed up half way through but good for what we needed at the time. We've been to Goa and going back next March, can't wait. Not been to Thailand, but for the experience and for the special holiday you have coming up that would be my choice. Hope you have a wonderful time whichever you choose.

Rochester, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thailand vs Cape Verde

We went to Thailand in July (Koh Samui) and had a lovely time and was very sad to leave (it was for our 15th wedding anniversary).

We are going to Cape Verde in May 2013 for the first time and I am sure it will be lovely and relaxing. We normally go to the red sea but have been so many times now we wanted to go somewhere different.

I have to say though, Thailand has my heart!

I am sure you will have a lovely time where ever you go. :)

Finland
Level Contributor
895 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thailand vs Cape Verde

Speaking of these countries, I have been to Bangkok, Phuket, Cha Am, Khao Lak and Boa Vista. I agree with the other writers. The major plus for Boa Vista is that it is not too far. Our next trip will be again where there will be tropical heat, lush green surroundings and hotels that are not separated from the local life. We are looking at going to India this time... Boa Vista was nice to see and we had great time, but one week was plenty in there.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thailand vs Cape Verde

been to both and it would have to be Thailand,

but if you just want the beach the sun the pool and a good hotel then CV is good.

But its not a Goa and nowhere near a land of smiles that is Thailand.

Nice choice you have to make though, which ever you chooose and for what ever reasons its a holiday so go and enjoy.

10. Re: Thailand vs Cape Verde

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2013, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Cape Verde
Recent Conversations