We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech in May 2014

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Marrakech in May 2014

Hi, I was wandering if someone would please guide me as i will be staying in Le Kech hotel and Spa Avenue Mohammed VI Zone touristique de l'Agdal 40000, Marrakech MAROC. I am going with my daughters aged 17 and 14 and have no clue as to how to organise my three days there. I'm not even sure whether there is any local eating place near the hotel in case we decide we want something different to eat. My daughters like shopping and if you can recommend a reasonable priced hammam where we could go for a few hours. Also, if you can recommend any good restaurants with tasty food yet not on the top end of the price. For us all food is good as it is halal. Places we can visit in the three days and the best timings to go to theses places. Furthermore, taxi fares from hotel to main centre etc. I would be extremely grateful if someone can guide me. Many Thanks

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,536 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marrakech in May 2014

You need to order Marrakech Encounter guidebook, sit down and have a good read.

amazon.co.uk/Marrakesh-Encounter-Lonely-Plan…

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,479 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marrakech in May 2014

Hi,

There isn't really anything close to the hotel so you'll have to taxi into town or use the hotel shuttle if they have one. As has been suggested read a good guide book before you arrive and also make use of what is already on TA. Lots of people have taken the time to post their experiences so it's a shame not to make use of them. Look in the tabs at the top of the page for restaurants, things to do etc, read any relevant topics in the top questions box on the right of the page and try typing some key words into the search box above your post. If you don't find answers this way come back and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Marrakech in May 2014

Le Kech hotel is in the touristic zone which has a number of hotels, the Al Mazaar shopping centre, Megarama cinema and Pacha nightclub.

Al Fassia Agdal restaurant is nearby. Pacha has a restaurant, there are other restaurants nearby and all hotels have their offerings too.

Taxis in this area can be challenging. Petit taxis have a meter and average journey prices should be 15 MAD in the daytime. Taxi ranks outside hotels can charge an extra 10 MAD to the meter fee in the daytime. There is a 50% surcharge in the evenings. However in reality drivers may try to barter with you for a lot more.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marrakech in May 2014

Thank you for your replies. Much appreciated.

I have definitely been reading up on reviews on TA which has helped me a lot to decide what we can do in the three days there. heresmyreply thank you for the useful information about taxis, that has really helped as it's the very first time I'm visiting Morroco. I just need to find a good hammam now any suggestions?

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marrakech in May 2014

Gosh! Any number of opinions on this question! See

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

for example.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marrakech in May 2014

Thank you

7. Re: Marrakech in May 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 16:20