We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can someone recommend kid friendly restaurants in Medina

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
73 posts
24 reviews
Can someone recommend kid friendly restaurants in Medina

Looking for restaurants in Medina that offer kids menu. Both fancy and casual.

Thanks in advance

22 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
1. Re: Can someone recommend kid friendly restaurants in Medina

Most Moroccan restaurants do not have a special menu for kids and for seniors. I've seen a kids menu at very few places but almost all other places just have one menu for everyone.

If you're from Boston, prices at most Moroccan restaurants will seem very low to you anyway. You won't easily find early bird specials or kids menus or stuff like that.

Edited: 13 May 2018, 02:35
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,062 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: Can someone recommend kid friendly restaurants in Medina

Most indeed probably all restaurants will be happy to accommodate your children and portion their meals accordingly.

Level Contributor
1,431 posts
3. Re: Can someone recommend kid friendly restaurants in Medina

Yeah but what they are asking for is a special kids menu listing small portions and a low price. For example at McDonalds they offer a Happy Meal which is always smaller and cheaper than the adult menu.

Edited: 13 May 2018, 02:49
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
4. Re: Can someone recommend kid friendly restaurants in Medina

Also a kids menu usually comes with colorful small plates and glasses made especially for children. It's not the same thing as simply asking for a small portion of the adult meal.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,062 posts
67 reviews
5. Re: Can someone recommend kid friendly restaurants in Medina

Gee I was just meaning don't worry about it!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
73 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Can someone recommend kid friendly restaurants in Medina

Thank you all for your input. I wasn’t worried much about prices. I guess my concern was that Moroccan food is very fragrant and , sadly for me, I have a picky eater. I was looking for places that will serve a good Moroccan food for adults but have a boring alternative for kids. Never mind, I can always slip him a Power Bar.

While we are on the subject, any restaurant recommendations at all, particularly in Mellah?

Level Contributor
1,431 posts
7. Re: Can someone recommend kid friendly restaurants in Medina

You're right that Moroccan food is very fragrant and flavorful. They use a lot of herbs and spices and that's a wonderful thing for most people. But some people want bland food.

When eat in the Midwest I'm always dissapointed at how bland and boring their food can be. (Great place, boring food)

penna
Level Contributor
3,471 posts
40 reviews
8. Re: Can someone recommend kid friendly restaurants in Medina

well you can always get a pizza.

pizza is offered all over including the Medina ( some have very good pizza).

hamburgers are also all over , as well french fries

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
49 reviews
9. Re: Can someone recommend kid friendly restaurants in Medina

Yes, wouldn't worry about it. There are plenty of of kid-friendly food options all over Marrakech, from basic Margarita or tuna pizzas to burgers to spag bol, etc. And french fries are everywhere. If he's a meat eater, the simplicity of a plate of slow-cooked lamb with bread from Mechoi Alley could be a good choice. You can even point to the cut you want to get the leanest meat if the sight of fat turns him off!

Level Contributor
1,431 posts
10. Re: Can someone recommend kid friendly restaurants in Medina

I like Moroccan pizzas, but if your kid truly does not like flavorful and fragrant food, I just wanted to let you know that most pizzas I've eaten in Morocco are seasoned with a generous portion of spices called "za'atar" which is oregano mixed with thyme, and they also often add some olive oil on top too. These pizzas are much more fragrant than your typical American pizza. I suppose you could request none of that on your pizza.

Even the Moroccan hamburgers are sometimes made with ground meat that contains several flavorful spices, these are called "liqama".

A picky kid eater probably will not want tuna on a pizza, and that slow cooked lamb mechoui is very flavorful and delicious, not bland and boring.

Edited: 13 May 2018, 19:17
Reply to: Can someone recommend kid friendly restaurants in Medina
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted