We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental in Morroco

Hampton Bays
Level Contributor
15 posts
42 reviews
Car rental in Morroco

Car rental in Morocco is not that expensive at beginning if you use carrentals.com, economycarrentals.com, expedia.com and sometimes low cost airlines like Ryanair offer nice prices. However don't think to hire a local rental car company like "PREPAID car rental" who doesn't have a site or even an office inside an airport or city and in case of something is impossible to reach them all phone numbers printed on "contract" are phony and only the cell numbers printed by hand work! In major cities like Marrakech forget about driving; scooters all over,traffic like crazy all cars are scratched and yours will be too soon and you will pay more at the counter when you return the car. Rental car companies there will charge you even after you drop the car for different reasons so my advice is :take a trip to the desert through a company who can drive for you or rent a car and from that moment just leave for the desert or the mountains and avoid driving inside major cities! I'm professional driver(Camel Trophy contests) and I had hard time with driving inside big cities- mules,carts,scooters they go everywhere and from any direction.Take care!

27 replies to this topic
Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
943 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Car rental in Morroco

So don't drive in the cities. Once you're out, it's some of the most deserted roads I've seen anywhere.

And I would drive myself anyday rather than entrusting my life and time to some crazy local driver who's on a schedule and agenda of his own.

penna
Level Contributor
4,062 posts
40 reviews
2. Re: Car rental in Morroco

I rent usually from local firms I like and have never had extra charges added when I returned it.

Maybe I just have had good luck. But I have been happy with my rentals.

I do agree driving in cities is very stressful.

Edited: 09 May 2018, 23:58
England, United...
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: Car rental in Morroco

We have always used local firms - in fact, only two, but have stuck with the second of those firms for years. Never been charged an excess, and always had the most professional service.

Only ever had one problem driving in Marrakech, and that was my fault. It resulted in the payment of a modest fine, that's all.

In more than 20 weeks of total car rentals in Marrakech, driving in the city and to other places, I haven't experienced any of the things mentioned by the OP. Read both and make up your own mind...

Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Car rental in Morroco

Hi we are planning to go to Morroco in June & looking for help to where we can hire a car from, if you any one can let me know the local company to hire from. Also we are looking for low deposit down as well.

We are staying in Marrakesh.

Also same time if you can let us know what would be the best sites to visit as well.

Blackburn
Level Contributor
164 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Car rental in Morroco

I’ve used holiday autos several times and then check the reviews for the companies that come up.

I always take out extra excess waiver insurance to cover the approx £1000 deposit.

Take that cover separately online both thru the hire companies as that can be more expensive

Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Car rental in Morroco

thanks for this I will check them out.

Toronto
Level Contributor
14 posts
45 reviews
7. Re: Car rental in Morroco

We used Morocco Expert tour company to get a driver/guide. The drivers name was Mustafa. The car was very clean and comfortable. The driver was professional punctual and knowledgeable. We spent ten days and really enjoyed our tour in Morocco.

Thailand
Level Contributor
206 posts
160 reviews
8. Re: Car rental in Morroco

Just rented for 2 weeks with Najam car rental. Great prices and great car. Highly recommended!

Easton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
9. Re: Car rental in Morroco

Hi. And They charged you by car or by person?

Thailand
Level Contributor
206 posts
160 reviews
10. Re: Car rental in Morroco

Only one driver. So it was a, very good, daily charge. Unlimited miles with insurance.

Reply to: Car rental in Morroco
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted