We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seniors tour

Tourbes
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Seniors tour

My husband and I are seniors and are having trouble finding tours at a reasonable price that are not too strenuous. Has anybody any ideas please.

7 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seniors tour

what kind of tours?

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seniors tour

Check the list of the links below top asked questions on the right of this forum and navigate tours youself through things to do of each city it has tours and activities and request them for a quote and compare between tours if they do seniors tours, and sure there is plenty of recommendations to find.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,843 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seniors tour

Have you checked Grand Circle?

I have skipped segments of tours. If we have multiple nights and returning to the same hotel, I will sometimes take a day or part on a day and stay behind. I have done same on cruises also. Just let your guide know you will not be there.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seniors tour

are you going on a cruiser or travelling for a week or so, so depends on your traveling you need enough time to cover several places of Morocco.

found this link is very helpful and concerns Senior holiday travels: seniorholidaytravel.com/category/…

california
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seniors tour

Marrakech...like a great meal...is the kind of place that can best be enjoyed...one delicious bite at a time.

Many individuals (myself included...on my first visit) feel that they need to plan, organize, and "line up" all their excursions and activities before they even set foot in this incredible, vibrant city.

Marrakech...mercifully...isn't one of those place.

Whenever you arrive...and wherever you stay (definitely recommend a lovely "Thousand and One Nights" riad situated inside the labyrinthine medina) it's as simple as having your riad's manager...or hotel concierge's front desk arrange something special.

Again...the beauty of Marrakech is that you can experience it's many delights...a little at a time. You really don't need to embark on this exhaustive "race around the city" tour...checking off all the major "sites", historically important, iconic monuments...and fun and interesting things to do.

Simply...be honest.

Articulate your "touristic needs" to the tour liaison (riad manager or hotel desk).

Moroccans...on the whole...can be very easy-going, understanding, and "proactively energetic" in "making things happen".

Anyway...(to the tour mediator) (laughing convivially) "Hey...we're a couple of older people who'd like to see this beautiful city. We'd like to visit some sites...and not have to walk around all day. Would it be possible to go out with a guide for 2-3 hours?"

And...of course...(since this is Marrakech)...everything's possible!

Additionally...the true beauty of Marrakech can best be experienced by simply slowing down...taking your time with things...and "just letting things develop naturally".

Sipping that deliciously sweet mint tea from a Djemaa el Fna café terrace...listening to the birdsong from a park bench in the Jardin Majorelle (or beautifully expansive olive plantation at the Menara Gardens)...relaxing inside the Marrakech Museum...the Medersa Ben Youssif...the orange tree filled courtyard of the Bahia Palace...listening to the hushed silence...muffled murmur of guests, cooing of pigeons...the occasional group of children out on a school field trip.

Honestly...there's so many ways to enjoy Marrakech.

You'll be able to organize your trip...make efficient use of your time...and have ample, sublime moments being able to relax (and start again...whenever you're truly ready).

Level Contributor
761 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seniors tour

I think most tours can be tiring. Why not stroll around taking it easy.

Cafe Atlas in Guelis is nice sitting outside perusing the passers by and enjoying a nice tea or coffee .They serve a nice beef tagine. It's situated on Mohammed V1.opposite cafe La Negotiant.

Jemma el Fynaa ( la Place ) serves not only entertainment but a host of restaurants and can absorb your thoughts for a few hours.

Ask your hotel for advice vis a vis short trips.

Tourbes
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seniors tour

Thank you everybody for your very good advice

Reply to: Seniors tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted