We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 days in Marrakesh 2nd week august 2017 - father and son

7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
6 days in Marrakesh 2nd week august 2017 - father and son

Greetings and salams to all with experience. Booked 6 nights in Marrakesh as base. Need itinerary ideas. i thought of:...

Mon- Marrakesh (Arrive midday/chill/Explore)

Tue- Essouria (Day trip)

Wed- Marrakesh (quad biking/Explore)

Thu: Altas Mountains

Fri: Marrakesh (Explore/chill

Sat: Ourika Valley

Sun: Return Flight

Please give me your suggestions to add/remove/replace

many thanks

5 replies to this topic
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,672 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 days in Marrakesh 2nd week august 2017 - father and son

I'd drop Ourika and chill your last two days.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 days in Marrakesh 2nd week august 2017 - father and son

How far are the Atlas Mountains & Essouria from Marrakech?

Edited: 01 August 2017, 04:31
california
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 days in Marrakesh 2nd week august 2017 - father and son

Yeah... especially since you'll be arriving Monday afternoon...it almost makes more sense to spend Tuesday in Marrakech...as well.

You'll just be "getting your feet on the ground" and why mess up that "natural holiday mojo" by leaving the very next day.

Waking up fresh and alert on Wednesday...you'd have a full day to embark on your Essaouira adventure... especially since you'd be able "catch your breath" by avoiding travel those first few days.

Thursday and Friday...you could spend "filling in the gaps" back in Marrakech.

Additionally...you could also take one of those "Ourika Valley day tours" (which is relatively close)...and still end up "at your home base".

And...if you're feeling "frisky"...you could do one of those "all day" Ouarzazate/ High Atlas/ Kasbah Air Benhaddou tours.

Albeit...it'll definitely be a long day...but I did this exact tour on my first visit...and I can honestly say that it was a great way to finish up my holiday.

Basically...you'll just sit back... enjoy the scenery...wander about some amazingly atmospheric Kasbahs...and even stop for lunch.

While...someone else does the driving.

california
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 days in Marrakesh 2nd week august 2017 - father and son

Oh...and to answer my friend Mr. SpotBoy... Essaouira is about three hours away on the Atlantic coast.

Supratours bus is an excellent hassle free...relaxing...and inexpensive travel option with which to get there.

The Atlas Mountains is a broadly descriptive term detailing this ruggedly beautiful mountain range separating Marrakech from the "Sahara Desert region" located in the southeast.

There's certainly many "day tour" options to visit this beautiful territory.

You"d be able to see and experience some stark "geographical and cultural" contrasts by visiting this region.

Essentially... it's just so fundamentally different... like you're seeing a completely different side of Morocco.

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 days in Marrakesh 2nd week august 2017 - father and son

thanks

Reply to: 6 days in Marrakesh 2nd week august 2017 - father and son
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted