We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best cat hire morocco?

Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best cat hire morocco?

Hi,

Can someone advise best car hire companies? We've found budget to be reasonable however any tips would be great. Terms and conditions can be a little over whelming sometimes:)

We just need a small car for four days.

6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best cat hire morocco?

Car hire even!! :)

Matlock
Level Contributor
51 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best cat hire morocco?

Hi Karina

I've hired a car many times over the years and have had varying experiences. However, in recent times, I've used the 'Travel Supermarket' website and found it to be the easiest way of booking, as well as being able to properly compare prices. One thing I have discovered is that the well-known companies, such as Budget which you mention, are usually more expensive but are not necessarily any better than the lesser-known local ones. Another point I would make is to ensure that the car has power steering as, only eighteen months ago, I was given one of the Dacia models (very popular with Moroccan hire companies) that didn't have power steering and it was like driving a tank!

Have a great time - Morocco is such a beautiful and amazing country and it's well worth taking the time to get around.

Cheers

Sue

Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best cat hire morocco?

Thank you Sue, that's really great. Have you ever driven to Ouarzazate? This is where we will drive the car back to.

I did laugh about the driving a tank, I totally know what you mean.

Matlock
Level Contributor
51 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best cat hire morocco?

Hi Karina

Yes, I've been to Ouarzazate many times by coach, taxi and self-drive but would definitely only do the self-drive option now. The road, although it has greatly improved over the years, is full of bends with some steep drops at the sides, and no barriers in places, which is why I much prefer to drive rather than be driven! Buses and taxis whizz round like there is no tomorrow and, unfortunately, judging by the occasional crashed vehicle that can be seen en route, there wasn't for some. I don't know what itinerary you have planned but, if you can make it down to Zagora, you will be well rewarded by the beauty of the Draa valley. I'm sure you'll love the country, though, whatever you decide.

Sue

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best cat hire morocco?

rental Cars, you can check firstcar has a good reputation.

Belgium
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best cat hire morocco?

I hired 3 times a car from Samicar in Marrakech: https://www.samicar.com/ ... I am satisfied about the cars and service.

Other times I hired cars at a low cost via www.holidaycars.com and www.rentalcars.com. The companies were locationauto and aircar. I'm less satisfied with Aircar (it took 14 days to get paid back my warranty)

Reply to: Best cat hire morocco?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted