We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday in september

Hadleigh, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday in september

Hi there me and my wife are thinking of booking the club hotel riu tikida palmeraie in September, just a few questions if anyone could give us abit of info about these questions I'm going to ask:

Is September hot? I have seen mixed reviews on this?? Will it be hotter than the Canary Islands?

Would anyone recommend the hotel that I mentioned above?

And did you feel safe in Morocco?

If anyone could help answer any of these we would be very grateful

Many thanks

11 replies to this topic
Marrakech-Tensift-El...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday in september

HI , The average daily temperature during the month of September hovers around 27 degrees and 33 degrees Celsius. i recommende you to check website that provides the most accurate source of weather..

in my openion club hotel riu tikida palmeraie is a good choice , he offer all your needs ; restaurants and bars , service spa,Rooftop terrace,Free children's club,tennis and more .

here we come , is morocco a safe country? , first ! what do you mean by safe , its not like syria or irak ,

so make your way to marrakech and enjoy it, you can hire a local guide , it will help you a lot .

Have a nice trip

Hadleigh, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday in september

Just a general question mate about the safety no need to word it like that doesn't give you a good impression if your saying things like that what will the locals be like just a sarcastic as you?. , just wanted to know some info about it no harm in asking that

Stowmarket, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday in september

What is a safe country...who knows, but Morocco doesn't have a high violent crime rate. If you are in a city such a Marrakech, then be aware of your surroundings, petty crime such as bag snatching can happen.

The biggest danger though is all the bloody mopeds!

Also and the thing that really puts people off Marrakech is tourists being scammed at every turn! Without the scamming Morocco would be a truly beautiful country!

Matlock
Level Contributor
66 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday in september

Hi Liam

I think hichamaitouchane was trying to be helpful rather than sarcastic and that, in all likelihood, English is not his first language. I always think that it’s so easy to misinterpret meaning when somebody is writing in a language that is not their native tongue. Anyway, in terms of your query about safety in Morocco, I’ve been visiting the country for more than three decades now, sometimes as a lone woman, and have never felt unsafe or threatened in any way. Yes, there is petty crime, just as there is anywhere in the world and, yes, there is a strong chance that you will be ripped off, such as in the souks or by taxi drivers. Whilst I would never condone this sort of behaviour, at the same time I always try to keep in mind that many of these people may be poor. In my view, the Moroccan people are incredibly peaceable and kind. Just keep your wits about you, as you would if you were in London or any other city, and I’m sure you’ll be fine. If your query about safety relates to terrorism, check out Morocco on: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice. Whilst terrorist cells have been found to be operating in the country, it seems that they are rooted out and destroyed by the Moroccan authorities. Personally, I don’t think that the risk is any greater than the risk in Europe, including the U.K.

I don’t know the hotel but can see that it is quite a distance out of the centre of Marrakech so bear in mind that you may need to use taxis. It seems that the hotel offers a shuttle service but maybe check out the frequency and timings of the service before you book. If you and your wife enjoy doing things on a spontaneous basis, such as suddenly deciding to take a wander around Djemaa el Fna, I don’t think this hotel would be a good choice but it would probably tick the boxes if you plan to spend lazy days around the pool.

As we all know, the only thing that is predictable about the weather is its unpredictability!! However, whilst I’ve not been to the Canary Islands for many years, I think that there is a strong chance that Marrakech will be hotter in September. I’ve been in Marrakech many times in September and can’t remember a time when I didn’t experience hot weather. Truly gorgeous though!

Hope you have a fabulous holiday!

Sue

Gloucestershire...
Level Contributor
994 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday in september

When my friend visited in mid September last year the temperature was over 40 degrees and too hot for her. Just an FYI!

Marrakech-Tensift-El...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday in september

sorry i didnt mean any bad things

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,750 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday in september

We know friend.

Edited: 26 July 2017, 00:58
Slovenia
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday in september

Hi travelers, may and september are best months for traveling in Morocco. Temperatures are quite similar as Canary islands (over 30 degrees). Morocco is very safe country and people are very nice and friendly. Big cities like Marrakech or Casablanca are chaotical, so if you have chance stay there 1 max. 2 days. If you want to experience real Morocco, you need to go to the south and ofcourse desert. We have been traveling (8 friends) in may 2017 (13 days) with our guide Aziz (www.bestofmorocco.net) all around Morocco. Best experience ever...it is incredible country, so we decided coming back for a new year (we alreaday booked flight tickets). If you have option, go to Morocco in september and take tour around Morocco. Have a nice holidays. Tina

Edited: 26 July 2017, 05:00
california
Level Contributor
324 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday in september

@Hicham

Well played...sir.

It takes a classy, respectful, and humble individual who comes back here...opening your heart and soul to the community of "Marrakech aficionados".

Definitely...your "intentions" came through...loud and clear.

(Nodding head respectfully)

Simply...well played.

10. Re: Holiday in september

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2017, 13:44

Reply to: Holiday in september
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted