We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cash passport or just take cash

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
devon
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
cash passport or just take cash

hi my daughter is of to agadir end of june unsure if to take GB pounds or pre load a cash passport card also whats the duty free limit to bring back into the uk many thanks kim

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cash passport or just take cash

See this very useful multi authored article on the money question:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293730-s601/Morocco:…

colchester
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cash passport or just take cash

if you get the card at 1.49%, or free of charges in the uk free abroad it will work out cheaper than using uk based cards.

If you don't intend getting a safe then this could be a good idea. That said, most hotels have an exchange, and sterling can be used as and when she needs it.

Most cards have a 24 hour replacement clause which cash won't have, but I guess it's more how she feels comfortable. I rarely carry cash in the UK, but Agadir is a more cash orientated society, and there are plenty of ATMs.

Me, I take the cash I know I'll need, and have the rest on a back up card just incase. Make sure that you check that you can get any unused cash out without charge here in the UK though. I saw a card on line last night, loaded in sterling, that was free to use abroad (both buying and ATM), but wanted 4.95 for UK transactions. I think I'll give that one a miss..

Jaycine

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cash passport or just take cash

I would use ATMS, so much less hassle

devon
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cash passport or just take cash

many thanks for all replys will most probably take cash and get a safe thankyou kim

5. Re: cash passport or just take cash

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 00:16