We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CTM busses - timetables

London
Level Contributor
240 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
CTM busses - timetables

Hey People,

I am in a desperate need of advice. I tried CTM website, but it is "under construction". I need to find out timetables for the following:

Fes to Rissani

Rissani to Marrakesh

both overnight services, if possible... and also, is there any difference in service during the week / weekend?

Also, prices and addresses of where the buses are leaving from?

Are CTM busses in Morocco safe?

Thank you so so much everyone!

penna
Level Contributor
568 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: CTM busses - timetables

i can not give you time tables. i think you might get supertours times on teh oncf ( www.oncf.ma) web site.

the busses are safe , but non ctm or supertours busses can be very hot or cold and very crouded.

it is a very long ride from both places, I think fez bus is 10 or 12 hours

and the one to mara like 12 plus.

both rides run from teh bus station

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CTM busses - timetables

CTM busses in Morocco are the safest. Supertours is also ok. I do not recommend any of the other public bus lines. They are dangerous, crowded and undependable as far as schedules go. The CTM web site has been under construction for over a year.

London
Level Contributor
240 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CTM busses - timetables

Thanks people. I know that journeys in question can be long, but I am trying to limit money spend on transport whilst in Morroco and have a lot of lovely meals instead. ;-)))).

No-one who can find out those timetables for me then? Or any other suggestion I can go about obtaining them? Please?

Ontario
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: CTM busses - timetables

Fancy tourist lol. Just take the regular buses like everyone else. Travelling across Morocco using the bus service is an adventure in itself.

I lived there for 7 months and used the buses regularly for short and long trips.

I have so many memories from them. Yes they make you dizzy and there are usually a few people sick on them. Yes they are crowded and they use them to transport prisoners from small towns to Meknes jail but I would have done it all over again!

I can actually say I miss them now lol.

My advice?

Be adventourous live!

mehmehinfrance
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: CTM busses - timetables

Hi I'm traveling Fes-Melilla and wanted to know what's recommended for the travel. I have a ferry to catch at midnight in Melilla (which I found out local time is 2 hrs ahead of Morocco) and I'll be leaving from Fes that morning.

There are trains Fes-Nador (2h45-7h59 [too early]), Fes-Taourirt (10h55-14h47) and Fes-Oujda (10h55-16h35). The distances from Melilla are 30 min, 1h30min, and 3 hrs respectively.

Buses do not exactly coincide with my train arrival (and can't find a CTM bus schedule).

Would it be difficult to find a grand taxi that would then take me to Melilla from one of these cities?

How much time would you suggest I need?

And how much do you think the cost would be? (I'm traveling by myself and not sure if I could find 5 others haphazardly on the same route as me).

Thanks!

6. Re: CTM busses - timetables

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2009, 17:22