We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing for Morocco - last 2 wks of April (with desert stay)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
555 posts
82 reviews
Packing for Morocco - last 2 wks of April (with desert stay)

Hi, all,

Our long-planned trip is coming up in a month! We are both very excited. We were wondering what to expect weather-wise - we will be traveling as far north as Chefchaouen, staying in Fes, a night in the desert, the gorges, Marrakech and Essaouria.

Of course, I know to pack in layers, and anticipate a range of temperatures. What is a good range to anticipate? And, most importantly, what to expect as far as temperatures in the desert? We are there for 1 night but don't want to be cold!

Any recommendations are most welcome!

2 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
1. Re: Packing for Morocco - last 2 wks of April (with desert stay)

expect mild-warm temperatures during the day (around 20-29 degrees), cold winds in the evening, and cold temperature at night (about 15 degrees). in the desert it will probably be hot during the day (it can get to 35 degrees) and chilly at night. if i were you, i would bring sandals, trekking shoes/sneakers, summer shirts, long pants and a warm sweater. don't forget sunscreen and a hat if you are spending long hours in the sun.

tamar aviva baras

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
555 posts
82 reviews
2. Re: Packing for Morocco - last 2 wks of April (with desert stay)

Many thanks! Much appreciated.

Reply to: Packing for Morocco - last 2 wks of April (with desert stay)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted